New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GBR's sitting at the post office on Veterans Day......?
I know they'll be fine and I will have them tomorrow afternoon.
Can't wait. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mid week holiday!!
My bad.Never dawned on me.....
The fish will be fine.
At least we know they weren't getting all shaken up today!!!

No problem Buddy. The only problem is I don't have them....lol
I'm like a durn kid on Christmas Eve wanting them in my tank and hoping they are comfortable in there.
One thing I didn't think about when setting up was sand.
Should I set up at least an area with sand or maybe cap the Eco-complete with the black sand?
Or leave it be?

Well, after shipping out Monday at noon I was very nervous about the GBR' having to sit in the box till that evening so I called in for a couple hours late to be sure and catch the mail.
The mail didn't make it in time. Over 2 hours late from normal.....ughhh
I called my wife who said she would check as soon as she got home and there they were.
The packaging was superb‼️
The fish and all contents were warm and no issues.
From Monday at noon to Thursday night at 6:00.
Hats off to Coralbandit for super packaging and superb quality of fish.
They are eating daphanie this morning and loving it.
Pics to come.

They do look good in your tank!
They actually got bagged just before 7 am Mon.!
I am happy they arrived safe and you like them.
Thanks for choosing my fish!

Tank is now officially been . rammed :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just peeked in on them to make sure their OK and they are inseparable.
Cool to watch the Cardinal Tetras build the courage to get after them then run to the other side at first.
Now they mingle right with each other.

Just peeked in on them to make sure their OK and they are inseparable.
Cool to watch the Cardinal Tetras build the courage to get after them then run to the other side at first.
Now they mingle right with each other.

Great looking pair! CB does not disappoint !

sit in silence...

Does anyone run DIY CO2 or pressurized CO2 on their tank with the GBR's?
I watched an interesting video today and the guy stated that the fluctuation in PH is was leads to most deaths in the GBR due to it being so sensitive so you should NOT use CO2 in a tank with them.
Input appreciated being as I plan to setup DIY co2 in a week or two but do not want to jeopardize my lil ones.

I watched an interesting video today and the guy stated that the fluctuation in PH is was leads to most deaths in the GBR due to it being so sensitive so you should NOT use CO2 in a tank with them.
Input appreciated being as I plan to setup DIY co2 in a week or two but do not want to jeopardize my lil ones.

Very interesting.

Some think I'm absolutely nuts using pressurized on my discus tank. I've lost a couple GBR but I suspected bullying from the male rather then co2...

The male seems unphased by the co2 content but of course I don't run co2 on borderline level it stays in a safe range.

Caleb

The 40b has pressurized co2,I've noticed no ill affects on the rams to date..

sit in silence...

Nah.... more smarter people have stated that the ph swing caused by co2 has little to no effect on fish. I've run co2 with all the gbr, wc rams and ebr I've had (7 to date). None have lived longer than a year though.. can't say what did them in but wouldn't blame it on the co2. I'm trying my new gbr without any glut (metricide, excel). I feel that would have a more negative impact than co2. Now if your tank parameters swing on their own than that could be an issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I now have some males in my 180 with pressurized.
I drop 1 point atleast.
Not all tuned in on plants nor have I had my rams in the dt for long,but they don't seem to care?

The "physical" pH as I understand it is not changing one little bit.
We are just "skewing" a parameter in the water chemistry to read a different number that only indicates how much we are effecting it.

The Gh never changes......

I have to special mix my water(100% ro remineralised) to breed all the rams I sell even though I sell them in tap.

The rams in my 180 dt are in tap.

Add I like what Brook said!(y)

Back
Top Bottom