New test kits: results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think i did the test wrong before, because when i tested today the ammonia was 1 ppm so i tested again and it was still 1 so i must have done it wrong before, i think i forgot to wait 5 mins.

OK question about the nitrite test kit, i think i might have been getting that wrong too. :oops: Its the Ap test kit yesterday, the color was past to the purple of the 0.50 but definately purple, not pink but darker than the pink 5.0 so yesterday i made the mistake and assumed it was past 5.0 now im guessing (hoping) that its actually in between 0.50 and 1.0. If so that would mean i was reading it wrong yesterday. Todays readings (assuming im right about the Nitrite)

Ammonia 0- 0.25 (around 0.10 i think) I just added more so i think itll be around 1 now...
Nitrite: 0.75?
Nitrate: 40

About the nitrite test, have you ever had the experience i described its either 0.75 or 4 LOL Big Dif And the ammonia is at 1.5 now, i added a bit much.

To me it looks like you have too much water in the test tube. That will give you inaccurate readings also. I would guess 4th fromthe bottom, based on how my computer is displaying it, or third from the top whichever you prefer.

I would have to agree with .5 myself, maybe .6 if you can picture the purple going to pink. It's closer to the purple, so .5-.6 would be my reading.

Fishygurl: I have to ask, have you tested the hardness of your water? The pH fluctuations can be caused by the cycle, but it could be because there is not enough of a buffer available in your tank. Did you test the pH after letting a glass sit out overnight?

Oops, my bust. Looked at my card again, I'd say .4-.5. It's slightly on the other side of .5. Sorry for the mistake. :)

Havnt tested the hardness mabye il get it tested at the LFS because i dont really wanna buy another test kit! ( ive spent 80$ on those already because i bought the nutrafin brand then i had to buy the AP because the nutrafin was very inaccurate.0 Do most LFS test hardness?

Alot of lfs will test for hardness if you ask. If you go to a store that uses liquid reagent kits they should be able to test the hardness. Make sure you get the exact figures. I don't know how many times I've went to the lfs and been told that my results were "fine". Then come to find out that Ammonia is 1 ppm and Nitrites are 2 ppm.

Well they use the AP master which is why i think they might not test for hardness because the master does not include hardness. But i will ask tomorrow... By the way, GH or KH

Back
Top Bottom