New to Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joschac2 said:
sweet! thank you.. i will check it out! where can I find this classified section you mentioned?

It's a different section of the forum. On the app (if that's what you're using) it's listed under the buy / sell / trade section. They also sell a bunch of plants which I don't believe are listed. If you end up being interested in something not listed...you can also post a want ad. There's lots of members who sell fish, inverts and plants.

Just remember to cycle first! :)

I dont believe im using the app... i do not see a Buy/Sell/trade section... I will have to post a "want ad after cycling is complete

The app is for things like iPhones, iPads, Droids, etc... If you're on a browser, just click forums at the top of the page and you should see the classifieds section.

Welcome to the AA. Hope you have as much fun as we do. We will help you anyway we can.

found it ECO.. thanks again.... finished reading your artical.. wow thats a great amount of detail... its perfect!!!!

joschac2 said:
Day 5 and learning so so so much! thanks to all! cant wait to get my 40G...

Welcome to AA. I'm glad to see that your catching on to MTS really good. Soon you will be scouring craigslist for great tank deals.

joschac2 said:
Day 5 and learning so so so much! thanks to all! cant wait to get my 40G...

Just a quick question: do you have any plans for it? Oh and I look at craigslist all the time.

oh yeah that has already begun!!!! but i have to ask... what does "MTS" stand for? and my brain is still smoking!!! I get seem to get enough!!!! I am loving the science behind all this.... it may be basic to some.. but its new and exciting to me!!! cant wait to have a beauty tank with live pants and lots of fish..... just continuing to do the resaerch!!!

I have basic plans for my 40G...... I want live plants.... and 3 levels of fish... top swimmers, middle swimmers amd bottom swimmers..... still researching plants and propper lighting.. as well as different fish that can live together..... peacefully....... any advice is much appreciated..... I have a mission but will not fail... so research and advice is very important!

I'm doing a south American tank in my 55 gallon so I would currently suggest a ram, some tetras and cories! I love cories just as much as Endler's if not more than them! Oh speaking of Endler's I just have to say this: I got some tonight:D

thanks for rubbing that in!!!! I like the way endlers look and really want some for my 5g.. The 3 fish you mentioned are all different level swimmers?

joschac2 said:
thanks for rubbing that in!!!! I like the way endlers look and really want some for my 5g.. The 3 fish you mentioned are all different level swimmers?

Maybe if they breed anytime soon I can give some to you;). Rams are bottom to middle swimmers. A top/surface fish are silver hatchetfish. Cories are at the bottom. And most other tetras will go most all over the place for you.

Here's a few, badly taken, pictures of my Endler's well on of them

Attachments

• image-2037870404.jpg
    image-2037870404.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image-476856077.jpg
    image-476856077.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 75
very cool!!! both on the Endlers and the info! Let me ask a question..... why is it that animal of any species have such an effect on us humans??? I got my dogs and me, my family and the dogs bonded! Now where getting into fish and the same thing has happened.... :)

Love the color.. some orange and what looks to be like green..... How big to they get again? 1 in maybe 1.5?

Back
Top Bottom