New to Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ummm a part of the mind does this? I haven't taken physic yet in school so I don't think that is the answer!

joschac2 said:
Love the color.. some orange and what looks to be like green..... How big to they get again? 1 in maybe 1.5?

Yeah closer to 1 inch. They are gorgeous though I don't think that they're full grown yet. I'm hoping to find some females at the store soon!

1in is perfect... and yes I agree they are very pretty fish..... I love the colors... would like to do a saltwater but lets get real.... i still have a lot to learn!!! so maybe in do time.... for now its tropical freshwater fish

Ditto but it costs a lot and takes a lot of effort so I think I'll pass for a few years. I love them they keep zipping around the tank:)

active fish is important... between my liking and my son... its important.. i saw some BEAUTIFUL viberant fish today and wanted them..... but they were agressive fish.. im not sure yet how to mix this type of fish or if i can... but they were pretty

im trying to recall... but they were vibrant yellow and they grew to 2.5 inches... having a brain fart on there type.... I want to say "Tetra" because this shop had so many kinds of tetras.. but my instinct says there were not... I will find out tomorrow and let you know

Okay because I can't think of a fish like that... But it's late and I can't think of most anything at all:)

lol!!!! I agree.. I will find out! ive seen so many fish in the last 3 days...... I just cant remeber them all.. i should prolly take my log book with me to work... I have stopped at a different store everyday since Monday this week.. In my area "tetra's" are very popular....

joschac2 said:
im trying to recall... but they were vibrant yellow and they grew to 2.5 inches... having a brain fart on there type.... I want to say "Tetra" because this shop had so many kinds of tetras.. but my instinct says there were not... I will find out tomorrow and let you know

Hey there,

I've been stalking this thread for a while but everyone seems to answer your questions before me, so here's my guesses while I can get them in! :)

If a tetra:
Glowlights
Gold neons
Congos

If not:
Gold barbs

That's my best guesses! Good luck! :)

bruin,

thank you for following... the advice i have gotten has been amazing...
and now your adding to it... i have see some crazy fish "tetra species" that look amazing with glowlights.. the "gold barbs" i havent seen yet.... wil have to look them up.... thank you for your input!!

joschac2 said:
bruin,

thank you for following... the advice i have gotten has been amazing...
and now your adding to it... i have see some crazy fish "tetra species" that look amazing with glowlights.. the "gold barbs" i havent seen yet.... wil have to look them up.... thank you for your input!!

No problem. :) How has your cycle been going so far? Or did I miss something that said its finished???

cycle is still going... it seems to be going well... I think!!!! :) unfortunatly I have not been able to get a test kit yet.. so I am winging it... doing a fishless cycle so at least if i mess up i wont kill any fish! :) going to pick up a test kit tomorrow. so that will be good so I can monitor the water.

joschac2 said:
cycle is still going... it seems to be going well... I think!!!! :) unfortunatly I have not been able to get a test kit yet.. so I am winging it... doing a fishless cycle so at least if i mess up i wont kill any fish! :) going to pick up a test kit tomorrow. so that will be good so I can monitor the water.

Great glad you are enjoying your new hobby.

i am def enjoying the new hobbie.. and I dont even have fish yet! just loving learning all of the new stuff.. I am already planning the setup of a new 40G .. lol

joschac2 said:
i am def enjoying the new hobbie.. and I dont even have fish yet! just loving learning all of the new stuff.. I am already planning the setup of a new 40G .. lol

Wonderful. It is very relaxing.

Well I finally got my new test kit!! the API Master kit. Did all all my tests.. The ammonia seems way to high so I thinking a pwc is in order.. I put in the the pure ammonia several days ago but could not test it untill today.
Here is what got.
Ammonia=8ppm
PH=7.6
High PH= 7.8
Nitrate and Nitrite = 0ppm

The PH levels are throwing me off a bit.. is there a difference betwenn PH and High PH? Or is it just a way to test for a high PH level..

I'm not all that sure about the PH, but yeah you're defiantly going to have to do a PWC or two. But yay! You're on your way to cycling... and fish!

Well I finally got my new test kit!! the API Master kit. Did all all my tests.. The ammonia seems way to high so I thinking a pwc is in order.. I put in the the pure ammonia several days ago but could not test it untill today.
Here is what got.
Ammonia=8ppm
PH=7.6
High PH= 7.8
Nitrate and Nitrite = 0ppm

The PH levels are throwing me off a bit.. is there a difference betwenn PH and High PH? Or is it just a way to test for a high PH level..

Your PH is fine. Usually if the PH test matches the highest color then you do the High PH test. So your PH seems like it's 7.8, which is fine. I would do a pwc to get the ammonia down to around 4. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom