New to Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!

well I went to the store today to pick up a heater and an air pump/stone to help with the cycling of my new tank..... I got home to find that my son thought it would be a good idea to put the rest of the fish food in the tank... and I dont have fish..... :banghead: he managed to find the food while mom was taking a shower.... :( There was so much food that I couldnt even see the surface of the gravel. So the 7 days of "cycling" is over... Back to day one. 100 percent water change and here we are. uggggggggggg

Well the good thing is I think my son has learned a lesson and we got to reset up the tank together... so I will say spending 2.5 hours with him was fun! :)

Well thats bad... But at least you're having a positive out look on this:) It will be a bit longer but hey it'll be worth it in the end (y)

thats true!!! im still hooked just a minor set back.. oh yeah Aqua the yellow fish i mentioned the other night that I loved but was aggressive is called a "electric Yellow cichlid"

It's really not a big deal...just a mess :). Scoop out all you can, give it a good gravel vac and a water change. As fish food decays it releases ammonia...since the tank is empty...we want it in there anyway :)

thats what i would like to do, but not sure how to mix them with others... cuz i would like to have 3 levels of swimmers... and the top swimmers i've seen are pretty small..

Well there are some people on here that know african cichlids like the back of their hand. I'd post something in the Cichlid area on here, they'll be able to guide you along:D

eco,

darn should of posted before I did the 100 percent change.... :( but me and my son had some fun so i guess its cool.... I was putting finely ground fish food... based on your "almost complete guide to fishless cycle" :)

aqua,

I will def do that... because i really liked the vibrant color saw with electric yellow cichlid

joschac2 said:
eco,

darn should of posted before I did the 100 percent change.... :( but me and my son had some fun so i guess its cool.... I was putting finely ground fish food... based on your "almost complete guide to fishless cycle" :)

The BB doesn't live in the water column anyway very much. As long as you didn't let the tank completely dry when you did the water change, you should still be ok.

thats great news.... because i didnt let it completely and there was maybe a 1/2 inch of water left in the bottom... so hopefully that helps....

I like it! You're planning on a betta right? Or was it nano fish... grrr memory lasping on me! I would maybe add a cave or something, but that's just my opinion. I think that it looks fantastic though, your son has great decorating skills!

thank you! Both my son and I want a cave but all the ones i have seen are so big for such a tiny tank... still looking though. I think im gonna go with the Endlers that I believe you recommended... I just like them a whole lot more... havent seen one in person yet but they look nice in the pictures you sent...

I have 2 currently in my 8 gallon tank, I found them in the feeder fish tank for $0.29 so check there too, even though they're probably not pure endlers I still like them!
Also, you coud make your own with some river rock and sillicon.

well thats a good idea... I live on the delaware river so river rock is very easy to get.... hmmmmmmmmm the brain is churning now!!! i keep asking every store i go to and none of them have the3 endlers.. :( I even went to a place called "fish town USA" all they do is fish and they didnt have any! :( tons of tetras though

Back
Top Bottom