new to plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
any pinkish or red plants that use low light? id like some color in the plants im purchasing.lol

not with the light you have unfortunately. You could look for some redder crypt varieties, but I doubt seriously they would last long with your light. There isn't much else I would even consider trying.

could you respond about the last comment i made on the 6th page? thats one im wantin to know.lol

oh, while im here.. the water sprite i have is in a basket... could i take it out of the back it and into the substrate? the basket is really unsightly...( i switched my bulb back to the 8,000 k one.

Yes, it would be good to pull it out of the basket. Remove the rock wool if that is around the roots, and plant the roots directly in the substrate.

with the light in place, tetras healthy, and plants with low light i believe im set.. ill update on the plants now and then..

hard to believe im 17 and i have 3 tanks in my rom.. alot of racket.. my filters make so much noise at night.. i have one aquaclear and by far the quietest one yet.. even my underwater filter is more noisy.

hard to believe im 17 and i have 3 tanks in my rom.. alot of racket.. my filters make so much noise at night.. i have one aquaclear and by far the quietest one yet.. even my underwater filter is more noisy.

i will take one of those tanks off your hands. :lol!::eek::lol!::eek::lol!:

well, if you woulda contacted me a few months ago, i coulda sold my 29, but now all my live plants are in there.. btw, woke this morning to a nice looking tank from the plants.. i think my java fern and my water sprite will be fine.

With that light, I would be surprised if any fertilizer supplementation is necessary.

Like I said... it probably isn't required. Adding it when it isn't needed won't help the plants at all, and will benefit algae growth.

Back
Top Bottom