New to SW/ 40br fowlr build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That rock looks really great!! You have all kinds of openings for the fish so swim through- they're gonna love that set up!! Great job! :)

Thanks all! Here is the tank filled and all the gear running! This weekend Im going to start cycling!
60630-albums9768-picture41837.jpg

Looks awesome!! I'm also building a 40br...got the tank and stand sitting in my room waiting to get set up. It will be an upgrade from my 29g that I started 6yrs ago when I was still in high school so I went the cheap way and probably spent more $$ than I needed to!! I am also waiting on some stuff from BRS...where did you get your t5 fixture? Did you consider LEDs?

Looks awesome!! I'm also building a 40br...got the tank and stand sitting in my room waiting to get set up. It will be an upgrade from my 29g that I started 6yrs ago when I was still in high school so I went the cheap way and probably spent more $$ than I needed to!! I am also waiting on some stuff from BRS...where did you get your t5 fixture? Did you consider LEDs?

I got it off Ebay. I did not consider LEDs because of the price and me wanting to have corals.

RedNeck said:
I got it off Ebay. I did not consider LEDs because of the price and me wanting to have corals.

I feel you the the price of the LEDs...I'm still debating between LEDs and t5s.

Spend the money now instead of later. I wish I did t5 and PWC use a lot of electricity compared to LED. Plus LED's makes most corals look cooler

Tank looks great! Is that the rock and sand you ordered from Macrorocks? I'm thinking of ordering the same package for a 55 gal I'm working on.

I ordered the rocks and sand from reefrocks.net.....It is awesome rock and would highly recommend it.

So here is an updated pic in mid cycle!
60630-albums9768-picture42663.jpg

Whats all that brown spots though?

Diatoms, its normal to see and expect it to get worse but no worries its just eating up any left over nutrients in the rock/substrate. :)

So no new pictures but I have got my redsea test kits today and the results are the following:
Red Sea kits: NO3- 2to3
PO4- .04
Mg- 1560
KH- dKH-9.0
Ca-440
API SW master kit:
PH-7.8
Ammonia-0
Trites-0

Just caught up on your build man, looks great!! :)

Thank you!

So I am going to buy my 2 false percula tonight! I was going to pick up the start of a cuc. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also what is a good food to feed these clowns?

Depending on what size the clowns are you can also feed mysis and brine shrimp. With brine shrimp try to get some that are omega enriched cause they have little nutritional value on their own. Also NLS pellets are a good choice.

So I bought 2- false perculas, 4-Tongan Nassarius Snail, and 2-Blue Legged Hermits.
60630-albums9768-picture43391.jpg

60630-albums9768-picture43392.jpg

Ok, so for now the lfs didn't have nls so I got some Omega pellets. I ordered today an ATO system and nls pellets. I will keep everyone updated!

Back
Top Bottom