New to SW/ 40br fowlr build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picture of my clowns enjoying their new home!
60630-albums9768-picture43564.jpg

Ask and you shall receive:D Here are some update photos with a few new corals. I have a candy cane frag and a little rock with some zoas. Also I have added 5 margerita snails. I now have a tunze ato unit which is working wonderfully, NO more buckets!!(y) I would like to build onto my clean up crew alittle more yet... 6 Assorted Hermits*
10 Empty Hermit Shells
4 Nassarius Vibex
6 Florida Cerith
10 Dwarf Cerith
That would be on top of what I have already... 2 hermits, 4 Nassarius Vibex Snails, and 5 Margerita snails.
I will be ordering with in the next month a new LED light for my tank. I'm going with a Maxspect razor. I will update once I get that on and some more corals!
60630-albums9768-picture44517.jpg

60630-albums9768-picture44489.jpg

60630-albums9768-picture44487.jpg

As always opinions and comments are welcome!

Love your scape work.. gonna look amazing when its filled in with coral and coraline :)

Adding a conch to your CUC would make that sand looks almost new again. :) love my conch- I'm always suggesting them. Lol. They're cool to watch, they stick their tongue waaayy out. :) and their eyes stick out in 2 different directions. Weird. Only need conch 1 per 2 square feet of bottom, though. Also, more Nassarius snails wouldn't hurt. I really like banded trochus snails, they're pretty quick and their shells are prettier IMO.

Adding a conch to your CUC would make that sand looks almost new again. :) love my conch- I'm always suggesting them. Lol. They're cool to watch, they stick their tongue waaayy out. :) and their eyes stick out in 2 different directions. Weird. Only need conch 1 per 2 square feet of bottom, though. Also, more Nassarius snails wouldn't hurt. I really like banded trochus snails, they're pretty quick and their shells are prettier IMO.

What kind on conch do you have?

I have two strawberry conchs. One for each tank, ad 1 is a bit bigger than the other. They're great!!

So I ordered my maxspect razor 160w 27" 16k the other day from Welcome to The Reef Spot! - The Reef Spot I can not wait to get this fixture in and on the tank! I am going to test the tank tonight and post up results. I am using IO reef crystals. Does any one here that uses the same thing know if I will have to dose supplements like ca. or do the reef crystals do a pretty good job with just pwc's as needed?

RedNeck said:
So I ordered my maxspect razor 160w 27" 16k the other day from Welcome to The Reef Spot! - The Reef Spot I can not wait to get this fixture in and on the tank! I am going to test the tank tonight and post up results. I am using IO reef crystals. Does any one here that uses the same thing know if I will have to dose supplements like ca. or do the reef crystals do a pretty good job with just pwc's as needed?

It will just depend on how stocked you are on lps and sps corals. The more you have the more calcium and alkalinity that will be depleted.

I use IO Reef Crystals and i just started having to dose to bring my Alk up.

Yelp, I don't think I have to worry about dosing anything for now. One week since I changed about 40% of the water and here are the results.
Salinity=1.025
NO3=0
PO4=0.08
Ca=440-450
KH= dKH-12.0/ Meq/L-4.3
Mg=1400
P.H.=8.0-8.2
I have the rest of my cuc coming in tomorrow and I found a local store that deals only in SW and Corals! I can't wait to visit this place this weekend and its only about 20 minutes away:D

O by the way.....I was wondering if I should be adding something like kent essential elements? or is all that in the IO reef crystals?

Params look great man! You shouldn't have to dose anything, it's all included in the reef crystals.

So I noticed the past few days that SOME of my zoas aren't opening. The parameters are the same as posted before and they are sat in the middle of the tank. Should I be worried?

So followed by some of my zoas not opening I see my candy cane doing this last night.
60630-albums9768-picture45194.jpg

Then today it looks like this
60630-albums9768-picture45195.jpg

I don't know what to think of this:hide: Please help!

Well I think I'm just being over nervous about the corals and I'll write it off for now. I JUST got my new maxspect razor 160w 16k LED in today and wow is this lamp sweeeeeet:cool: Right now I only have it ramping up to 20% until the corals get used to it then I will slowly increase it.
60630-albums9768-picture45294.jpg

I don't ever think I could go back to t5's:dance: Big thanks to the reef spot :thanks:

Wow awesome tank. I mean there's not much in it, but I love the aquascape and everything looks sleek and clean (prob. mostly b/c of the light). Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom