new to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 to dalto. I've just read up on all the other posts in this thread and didn't see a pH reading. This is very important because higher pH levels make even small/trace amounts of ammonia more toxic. When doing WC's, make sure to try and match the temp as closely as you can with either your hand or a thermometer. With increasing the temp in the tank for treating ich, it's also important to increase aeration as warmer water has less oxygen.

Is there any other stock in the tank, what substrate, filtration, size tank, etc.

Here's an excellent read on ich. Very thorough with many options. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/freshwater-ich-yuck/

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

How do, I know the temperature that I am bring in the tank I usually use the tap water not too hot or not too cold

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Should I change any thing in the filter

The size tank 3g the pH is low

30g

Flu Val 306

How do, I know the temperature that I am bring in the tank I usually use the tap water not too hot or not too cold

As I said in the earlier reply, use your hand (very experienced keepers can do this) or the thermometer that's in your tank.

Should I change any thing in the filter

It depends on what you have in there and how long it's been there. A 306 is big IMO for a 30g.

The size tank 3g the pH is low

Just to say it's low isn't very helpful. Needs numbers for accuracy. A liquid test kit is best.

The pH read 6.0 being that I did a water chance can I test it now I did, it last night and add am quel about 3tsp

I am using a temp. Strip right now it read blue 86 and the brown 90

I add more bubbles stones in the tank to help with aeration

I have the ammonia remover the polished pad and the stone

How about the kind of food I can give them I am giving them cichlids pellets the mini ones

I am using a temp. Strip right now it read blue 86 and the brown 90

Ok. I use the floating type in the tank. For WC's I just use my hands. I do have a liquid thermometer my girl uses when she does the WC's. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413507297.087677.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413507310.165017.jpg

I have the ammonia remover the polished pad and the stone

I run all Fluval filters. A 205, 306, and 406. I only use the 4 sponges on the intake side (in the red tray) then all biomedia in the gray trays and filter floss in the top tray. You should be fine with what you have in your setup.

I hope everyone recovers from this. I have dealt with ich before and it isn't fun. Luckily it didn't advance and all of my fish were fine (this was years ago already)

Thank guys for all, the advice

I will do a WC EVERY day and see what happen also, test the water

Back
Top Bottom