New year, new fw fishy home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marchmaxima

Aquarium Advice Addict
I came from from holidays with the BBA outbreak that would rival anyones.

Of course BBA has not been a new thing in that 2 footer. I've been fighting it without success for almost 2 years. Used every trick out there, even varying the lighting time, but none of these things ever worked.

So when I came home to a BBA 'Splosion after only 3 weeks after spending several hours manually removing what I could, I did an 'splosion myself and dedicated the next 48 hours doing a total tank tear down and rebuild.

It broke my heart to throw away so much anubias nana and all my other lovely plants. But they had to go. It had even gotten into the lower echelons of the substrate. So all that went too.

Here's what it looks like now.

221253128.jpg

I'm using Flourite in the substrate and there are a few starter plants in here to get things going. No doubt I will now spend time researching a scape.

I had a few peices of driftwood I was able to arrange in a claw or bowl arrangement. I like that. Just needs to be filled with some appropriate "lollies" ;)

Sorry that it's blurry. I'll do a better one soon.

Beautiful

These kind of pictures always make me wish to have a new tank!!!

My personal economy doesn't allow me to do it, YET.
Hopefully soon, nice start up for a new adventure!

Back
Top Bottom