The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattyapps

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I'm a complete newbie but I'm fascinated with marine fish, especially the cowfish.Anyways, after a week of staring at a plant and live rock I finally get to put some cleaning shrimp in tomorrow, any advice on how to acclimatise the shrimp into the tank?
Thanks guys

Have you tested your water parameters to see if your tank has completed the cycle yet? Inverts are very delicate and if you ain't cycled they most likely wont survive this period.

All salt and temperatures are spot on, did the tetra test last night and no'3 no'2 Ca KH and pH are all in the safe zones...

If u have no nitrate your cycle is not even half way over. I wouldnt add anything if I were in your position with that tank

Yeah I would invest in a liquid test kit and to start you just need ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. Sounds like you haven't cycled yet so hold off on adding anything to the tank...

+1 to the advice given above. I cycled for a good 30 days before I added anything live. Give the bacteria time to grow, and when you do start to add take it really slow. You have to give the bacteria time to catch up between additions. Do you ha e more tank specs for us?

Back
Top Bottom