Nils 2.5G upgrade to 5.5G DP Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big boy pants....... Officially ON. Nice work man.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Big boy pants....... Officially ON. Nice work man.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, I love how everything is so automated and all I have to do pretty much is feed the fish, do water changes and trim the plants. No more pulling Co2 every day, redoing the mixture every week or so either. Just have to get the tank refilled every now and then. Oh yeah, that brings me to my next question: How long should this tank last, running at 2-3 BPS daily from 6:30 am to 3:30 pm? At least 3 weeks, right?

Should be way more than 3 weeks. That's the 20 oz tank, correct?
With my 24 oz tank at anywhere from 1-3 BPS for ~8 hours a day I am going 4-4.5 months between refills. I can't imagine a 5-10# tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Should be way more than 3 weeks. That's the 20 oz tank, correct?
With my 24 oz tank at anywhere from 1-3 BPS for ~8 hours a day I am going 4-4.5 months between refills. I can't imagine a 5-10# tank.

Yep, 20 oz. Awesome to hear that it will be awhile between refills!

Ok so back again, not too much to update on but I'll do my best to make it seem like a lot......lol

Co2 has helped a good amount. Came back from Thanksgiving break yesterday, wish I took a before and after pic. It just all seems more full now. Co2 was working fabulously while I was gone. I was kinda nervous leaving it alone in case it malfunctioned, but it didn't. Gave the prefilter sponge a really good rinsing this morning, current got real strong, I like it. It seems like the floaters all double in size daily and throw out just as many baby plants......so many. Don't have the heart to throw them out, but don't really have anywhere else to put them. Whatever.

Fish/shrimp wise, everyone is still happy :) Puffs happily eating, hunting shrimplets (grrrrrrrrr) and exploring. Shrimp still being shrimp, breeding, scavenging and having fun. I've got a more varied diet now than just algae wafers, found some blood red betta food my younger brother had, going to see if that can get some better colors out of those. I've got Kens Golden Pearls, Hikari Crab Cuisine (cray loved this!), Hiker algae wafers and I throw in a slice of zucchini every now and then. Varied diet is key, right?

So everything is running smoothly, hobby couldn't be going better for me right now. Really fun once you have everything figured out and the tanks pretty much take care of themselves, where you can just sit back and relax, just watching the fish. Takes a while to get to this point, but once you're here it's all downhill for now.

Tried taking some pics, said I exceeded my quota by some number. What do I do?

Use photobucket. The app is great and easy to use.

Glad to hear your tanks are going well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just downloaded Photobucket, thanks for the suggestion! Here's a link, tell me if you guys can open it or not: https://www.aquariumadvice.com/atta...313491_0_6bca33fe6a02392523df357842d0407c.jpg

Here's this too, just to see if it loads the image directly:
img_3313491_0_6bca33fe6a02392523df357842d0407c.jpg

The direct load works fine, looks like you have lots of happy shrimp!

That's cool. Try to do it! I hear of people pollinating plants like Lotus and lilies.

Have some of the same flowers in the 16, took a Qtip and rubbed it against those and then rubbed it against this one. I'll be interested to see what happens.

Fed the shrimp today, refilled evap water. Co2 running at 1 BPS. Everything is running smoothly. Just looked at the pics I posted today, they are really bad. I'll try and get some better ones tomorrow.

Everything looks healthy and happy.
I think you have your tank figured out. ?

Everything looks healthy and happy.
I think you have your tank figured out. ?

Thanks! Yeah, I think everything is where it should be. Not going to mess with anything for a while :)

Back
Top Bottom