Non aggressive male betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Illusion4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 40 gallon tank that I've been keeping my crowntail betta named Bowie in. Today I got two angels, a month old. They're about an inch long not including the tail. Just because I felt bad for Bowie, I let him stay in the tank for a bit and stayed to watch how they interacted. For about 20 minutes, Bowie, being a betta, didn't notice them. However, one of the angels went over to check him out. Bowie seemed a little freaked out and swam away. Now it's been 45 minutes of the angels following him around, almost chasing him. He's calming down now and just calmly swims away, but hasn't flared or turned on them. Is it possible I have a non aggressive male betta?

its very possible, some bettas are super aggressive and some are docile

This came as such a surprise to me. Sometimes hes flared at his reflection in the past, but lately he's become very calm. He seems almost annoyed by the Angels.

I moved him to his usual 15 gallon hex tank for the night (he was in the 40 gallon while I was on vacation so the feeding blocks would be filtered and start cycling the tank). I'll put him in again in the morning and see how he does.

Back
Top Bottom