Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol... We went there an bought him!! :) they only hold onto fish for like 4 days so we will be back by monday or so. Hopefully the 66 gallon tank is ready! He also said that if someone offers him more for the fish he will sell to that person and refund us :( i dont know if you are allowed to take pictures of their fish... But it looked GREAT, so i had to share with you guys!

Attachments

• image-3088281183.jpg
    image-3088281183.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 101
  • image-948121317.jpg
    image-948121317.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 92
  • image-594255829.jpg
    image-594255829.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 100
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lol... We went there an bought him!! :) they only hold onto fish for like 4 days so we will be back by monday or so. Hopefully the 66 gallon tank is ready! He also said that if someone offers him more for the fish he will sell to that person and refund us :( i dont know if you are allowed to take pictures of their fish... But it looked GREAT, so i had to share with you guys!

Whoa whoa whoa!! Lol that things awesome! Peacock eel times ten haha!!

Lol thanks dude!!! Pecock eels have the most personality out of any fish i have ever owned... But the engineer looks cooler :D its probably a tie!! :)

Sorry if this was said already, this thread moves too fast for me lol! :D How are the parameters? Cycle close to done?

George9 said:
Sorry if this was said already, this thread moves too fast for me lol! :D How are the parameters? Cycle close to done?

I know..lately yes. Im going to try and post less lol.

Tuesday Nitrite was 2-5. Hopefully we can get that down!! Should be done any day really

needmorecowbell said:
That looks really cool! Weird how they are only holding it for 4 days..

He said if it isnt done by then, maybe he can hold it longer. I understand though, its a business. Gotta make room for more fish

Ya man! You guys can see how big this guy is relative to the tank next to him! :) now that i see him swimming he is at least 8". We jst need to thicken him up... :)

Yes..yesyesyes!!! Nitrites are at 0!! Ok, wow awesome. I didnt expect that today!

Ok, now to test nitrates and see whats up.

needmorecowbell said:
Congrats!!

I guess you won't have to wait after all!

Haha ya! Woohoo! Maybe we can pick up snape on saturday?! Yes. I want to name him snape..like in harry potter lol. Name is fitting!

Nitrates look to be 10-20, and ammonia is a solid 0!!

Ok, now we need to redo the rock to make it perfectly stable, dig it into the sand alot more, and make up alot of PWC water!!

Are we allowed to turn on the protein skimmer now?? Should we have it break in by itself?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Are we allowed to turn on the protein skimmer now?? Should we have it break in by itself?

Ya u should. Let it run till it starts making that green or brown liquid or protein on the top.

Sounds like your making great progress on the tank you 2. :) hope everytings doing well.

No we are going to add all o the live rock today (good idea???) and put the coral in the 30 on the sand bed and keep a rock in there for the pistol. Then we will add the goby this weekend after we do our water change... Then turn on the protein skimmer and let it work its magic. Good ideazz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom