Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jlsardina said:
Go for it as long as you feel your tank is ready. About how often- mine stick to their cave unless another fish tries to upset him (not often) maybe once every few month I see a little sand being kicked up

Oh great, so they dont really tend to burrow under every rock? Thats what i was afraid of.

I found out what i dislike about the rockscape. The arch on the right is to symmetrical to the one on the left! I want to chanhe it today. Maybe not make another arch, but a mountain with a ton of coral placements!

One sps that will fill out your scape and make it look natural is montipora. It makes almost any scape look awesome just because it plates and grows out.

Glad your tank has come along so nicely! That engineer is cool looking btw, he's huge! LOL Mine was about 1 inch when I got him and now he's like over 8 inches long, give or take and inch or two. lol Mine however does go from rock section to rock section and makes burrows. He has about 6 rocks involved now in his HUGE mansion, he can pop his head out from at least a dozen spots to check me out or to grab some food. lol thats the only time he comes out all the way, is to grab some food. It's really cool how he shimmers when he juts out though, I love watching him. i also named mine, he is "teddy bear" cause he has the cutest little teddy bear face. lol

yep, I am weird. I know it but I love it. ;-)

Good luck guys!

needmorecowbell said:
One sps that will fill out your scape and make it look natural is montipora. It makes almost any scape look awesome just because it plates and grows out.

Dude ya!!! Top right corner!! I want a big plating one, that would look great. They grow slow though right?

Haha carey yours sounds like THE MAN!! Thats awesome, but i am sortof worried about all the burrows. Regardless, that is really cool. Our pistol does that and its amazing what networks they make:)

Haha thats awesome! Teddy bear! :) we got a pretty good deal on this guy, an its pretty ironic that we were looking for a big one and the next day we find him! When we first saw him at the store he was superr shy and i couldnt even tell how long he was, but the next time (when i shared the pics) he was swimming like crazy and was never hiding! I really hope thats how he is in our tank, but burrows are cool too :) hopefully the pistol shrimp and the goby make burrows on opposite ends of the tank...i dont want a fight! Hhaa

Too bad we wont be home for like 3 hours at the best. I doubt we will pick up snape today, most likely tomorrow on the way back from the beach or something. We could add one of our other fish if we wanted to tho.. Probably not smart because i bet the goby is the hardiest

We have about 6 pounds of rock in there. One is pretty big and that is where the chalk bass sleeps and the other is small where the tiger pistol made his new den! The clowns dont even cate about the rock... Lol.

We added half of the rock yesterday and half the day before that. There was not an ammonia spile either days, we were careful not to disturb the sand bed while removing these rocks.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
We have about 6 pounds of rock in there. One is pretty big and that is where the chalk bass sleeps and the other is small where the tiger pistol made his new den! The clowns dont even cate about the rock... Lol.

We added half of the rock yesterday and half the day before that. There was not an ammonia spile either days, we were careful not to disturb the sand bed while removing these rocks.

What would happen if you were to disturb the bed

Well it's good you havent had an ammo spike. Maybe add the clown or chalk bass today just so it is less crowded in there? It's just removing stress, it wouldnt hurt anything.

I was thinking about that, but then i thought if we added 3 fish in a matter of 2 days that could be too quick and shock the system.. Thoughts?

And krocky, if you disturb the sand bed if will kick up alot of ammonia because its buried

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I was thinking about that, but then i thought if we added 3 fish in a matter of 2 days that could be too quick and shock the system.. Thoughts?

And krocky, if you disturb the sand bed if will kick up alot of ammonia because its buried

3 fish should be good... Go ahead and start the skimmer too

Kio707 said:
3 fish should be good... Go ahead and start the skimmer too

Started skimmer yesterday.

Really? 3 is ok? Man i dont want to risk it!! Haha, would it be ok if we just added the goby this weekend..and the a fish per day after that?

Gboy66 said:
Started skimmer yesterday.

Really? 3 is ok? Man i dont want to risk it!! Haha, would it be ok if we just added the goby this weekend..and the a fish per day after that?

I added 3 blue reef chromis and a copper band in one day... System was fine.

Kio707 said:
I added 3 blue reef chromis and a copper band in one day... System was fine.

I guess, but your system was established right? Idk im just paranoid i guess

Plus, the skimmer isnt producing anything..does that mean nothing will be taken out of the water until it does?

You will be fine.. Mine was fairly new.. Ur sump adds volume I didn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom