Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok we are transfering about half of the LR today. We had to move the button polyps and one head was stuck to the lr and we had to get it off so we pulled it and the head came off. Will this release palytoxins??????

Nu-Nu the eel said:
No we are going to add all o the live rock today (good idea???) and put the coral in the 30 on the sand bed and keep a rock in there for the pistol. Then we will add the goby this weekend after we do our water change... Then turn on the protein skimmer and let it work its magic. Good ideazz?

Sounds like a plan!!!

Ok, did it. Everything is OK! haha neither tank looks good, but its a start. This thing is going to be tough to scape!

I used gloves while holding the palys

We are probably going to pick up the goby/eel :)D) on sunday or saturday depending on how the tank's readings are. We also want to get him as soon as possible so that Lfs workerdoesnt sell it to the next highest bidder (sounds kinda mean right?)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
We are probably going to pick up the goby/eel :)D) on sunday or saturday depending on how the tank's readings are. We also want to get him as soon as possible so that Mark doesnt sell it to the next highest bidder (sounds kinda mean right?)

Na but at least if he does he gives you a refund. Have you moved the pistol shrimp over yet

Trying to scape the 66... Incredibly hard. There is no more rock in the 30, but no ammonia spike! :)

I wanna see pics too!!!! I've been following and that engineer goby looks awesome. Best of luck and hopefully you can inspire others. I know you have had an influence on me.

Haha! You guys kill me. Makes me really happy to see so many people interested!

Ok, well i think it is done. Naturally, the tank is super cloudy! But i have to add pics regardless! Lemme see what i can get. The rocks are all sturdy too, if anyone is wondering!

Attachments

• image-1120210321.jpg
    image-1120210321.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image-3167471792.jpg
    image-3167471792.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image-933952401.jpg
    image-933952401.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 101
Haha wow you guys are all so kind, im sorry to dissapoint you :( the scape isnt what i dreamed it would be, but we are still working on it! What really matters it that its quite sturdy... Maybe add another arch on the very top? :D

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha wow you guys are all so kind, im sorry to dissapoint you :( the scape isnt what i dreamed it would be, but we are still working on it! What really matters it that its quite sturdy... Maybe add another arch on the very top? :D

It does look good! The trick to rockwork is taking your time. Every time you go to a lfs, search thru their rock (base and live) and only buy the ones that you can see in your tank before you even leave the store. It may sound odd- but even look at river rock! They are amazing with the crevices and ledges and craters. It took me over 4 hours to scape my tank but I love it and am always getting complemented on it.

I got youu covered man! Ok i was thinkin about the goby an we shoved a rock in the sand so that he can burrow under it and make his little home there! We will add a few more if he wants em!

So, i think we will add the last rock tomorrow, and check the levels...

If everything checks out and the rockscape is where we want it, shall we go pick up snape?

Also, about the engineer digging...how much??

Gboy66 said:
So, i think we will add the last rock tomorrow, and check the levels...

If everything checks out and the rockscape is where we want it, shall we go pick up snape?

Also, about the engineer digging...how much??

Go for it as long as you feel your tank is ready. About how often- mine stick to their cave unless another fish tries to upset him (not often) maybe once every few month I see a little sand being kicked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom