Office space planted nano concept.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just found this....following. Great concept so far, poor execution from marineland. Wished I'd seen this a week ago, I had a huge bush of baby tears (HM) I trimmed and threw away.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nothing like reading a post and laughing a maniacal laugh.
Holler if you need some AR mini.

Well they were my plants to begin with.. shocked the survived they 10 min car ride really..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got permission from my boss to put a tree in my office, so I will be working on some local landscape companies to put one there. As soon as I am done with that it will be time to receive the plants from Brian and the other sources.

I currently have (conceptually) all the plants I need but if I run low on reds I will look for AR mini and let you guys know.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am going big on the tree. I already have a few potted plants, now it is just a matter of choosing one of these ficus:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408144288.426198.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408144300.619451.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408144308.082773.jpg

I like a, like how it says "hard to kill houseplants" all the confidence in the world couldn't save that tree:)

There is a disease going around on ficus, so no local nursery has them, Lowes didn't have any of them and Home Depot had one of the "banana leaf" type. The guy gave it to me for free. It is in bad shape but well.

I just hope the OP doesn't get offended for the kidnaping of the main subject here.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408171129.200020.jpg

On a side note, I am quite impressed with the schefflera arboricola plant. It is a bush, it is a gigantic tree, it is a nice potted plant under low light, it is an awesome bonsai. I ended up getting 3 for 4.99 (all three) and I am running a test: bonsai cuttings, tree style (naked trunk, round leafy top) and control (no cuttings of any kind).

Any recommended forums for non-aquatic plants?

I just hope the OP doesn't get offended for the kidnaping of the main subject here.

I thought you were the OP.
I had a Ficus once but it got too large. I wish I understood the basics of proper pruning back then to maintain its size and health.

On a side note, I am quite impressed with the schefflera arboricola plant. It is a bush, it is a gigantic tree, it is a nice potted plant under low light, it is an awesome bonsai. I ended up getting 3 for 4.99 (all three) and I am running a test: bonsai cuttings, tree style (naked trunk, round leafy top) and control (no cuttings of any kind).

Any recommended forums for non-aquatic plants?

You got an actual bonsai tree at home depot?

I got a plant that is ideal for beginners to stop apical dominance and keep them small. It can be called a "pre-Bonsai". But yes, I got a plant from home depot for 4.99 that canxbecome a 500 bonsai in 3 years. Lol.

Hmm. That makes me want to get a small tree for my house. I have just the right spot for one, too...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They still have the rubber tree (ficus elastica) for $20. I might still get one.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The first batch of rotalas and baby tears arrived. Very moochy, but we will see...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408563971.223785.jpg

The rotalas will only take a small part of the left corner, but now they are all bending to the right, giving the impression they take half the tank.

Wow! Looks super natural and will be great when grown out!

I agree the rotala looks like it has seen better days but its a fast grower so it should be fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom