Office space planted nano concept.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man.. what's on it for a light? Ferts? Water moving?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Light is an LED of 1000 lumens.
Very little liquid ferts since yesterday (but they were melting prior to ferts).
Water movement is only twice a day, manually. They will be planted today on real soil until I come back from Florida on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407367055.319436.jpg

Nothing is ideal 'til I come back from Florida.

I'll have more for you in a week.. strange they went south like that. . I guess they've been through a lot in the last month..

Well, this is the best I can do for now. The plants went feom static water and low light to a heated, filtered 2.5 gallon with floramax. The crappy ludwigias I had floating went to the low light sand (I will not be surprised if they thrive under these circumstances) and I have the rotalas potted on my 7.7 "breeder", where the smaller bettas are before being independently "beaker'ed" (used to be "jar'ed").

When I get back from Florida on Sunday I will setup the hardscape and substrate of the tank at work. The plants with higher chances of survivability will receive the upgrade. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407396540.706636.jpg

All the "ingredients" for the hardscape are in, and tonight I will combine them.

For my surprise, the nice looking driftwood looked really bad as a vertical display. I might use it sideways, creating a "V" towards the front glass. The left hand side will have enough substrate to cover the branches, so they will come from under the substrate towards the main trunk oncthe right.

What is your opinion?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407960589.867427.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407960620.521751.jpg

I like the gradual, off angle, build up myself but I'm a total hack when it comes to scaping..

I'm not really sure. That piece is a bit too big in my opinion. You could break off the 3 "branches" down to several inches each and stick the other end partially in the soil.

But I've never tried my hand at aquascaping either.

I think I like the concept here. By partially burying the DW, it will not only anchor it down until it gets saturated enough to stay sunk, but it will also make the scape look more natural. Further, it will also reduce the chance of it looking overbearing for the nano tank. Only thing to be cautious for is proper plant selection and placement. Otherwise, the DW would just get covered up and be a waste of space, making it a little difficult to work around when performing tank maintenance.

Might increase the substrate on the front towards the right...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407964707.944908.jpg

I like the river rock effect, maybe add some more dark substrate on the right?

Awesome! !
My downoi liquified too, i had some in a bucket, went to pick a few crowns yesterday and they were gone.. poooof. . I no longer have any to spare, i do have Dhg and cardinals which are pretty nice actually..

Last edited:
I will need reds. Got the background covered with the rotalas you gave me, midground will slowly takes care of itself and foreground is yet to be decided. But a nice really red part right in between the front and back branches on the left hand side.

Ar didn't make it? Some guy on apc was selling some nice healthy mini.

That's right.. i can give you some regular ar? Under high light it may stay lower??

I am getting some reds from Dr. Nano and some others I purchased online. Let me see how much of that I will manage to kill and we go from there lol.

Haha sounds good Dr. Blackthumb..

Back
Top Bottom