Office space planted nano concept.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update!!!! How's your gas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Still running daily on the first CO2 disposable canister.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice progress, where yah been?

Just love those before and afters. Really puts into perspective the results of your efforts. This is a great, AIO tank + light combo, office set-up. I hope to work in a place that'll give me an excuse to buy this! Haha

This looks really cool :) what is the taller plant that you have in the back?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

This looks really cool :) what is the taller plant that you have in the back?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Pogostemon erectus, soon to be chopped into several cuttings on my 60g at home.

Any updates on this tank? What are your thoughts with the brightwell substrate versus ada aquasoil so far?

Last edited:
The tank is looking fine. A tiny little bit of hairy algae here and there but with some physical removal, all good.

I had to go back and see what soil I used. Besides the amonia spile on my Amazonia aquasoil tanks, I am under the impression they worked better than this Rio Negro option. Not bad, but I recommend dirt from an organic source covered with Aquasoil.

Just went back on my phone, and this is the latest image I have from the tank. Nothing new since then.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422857122.849469.jpg

Very cool. I know Brookster was debating the substrates, but AS seems to be the best choice still -- despite the ammonia spike. Did the brightwell leach ammonia at all after the initial flood? I still have my bag laying around. I plan to try it this summer.

Way less ammonia, and went away way faster as well. But I see something between 30-50% LESS growth on this tank when compared to the triple cubes. Assuming this light is better and no extra nutrients were used on the other tank, it has to be the soil.

As some of you know, I work for the Harvard School of Dental Medicine.

This week, the biggest gathering of dental research took place in Boston, and we had HUNDREDS of tours coming to the school. The number of people interested in learning more about my tank was so great that I removed the light from its pre-programed cycled and left it on on Friday.

Well, guess what? I forgot to place it back on cycle before leaving, and what tou see now is a result of 72 hours of 100% light on.

Notice the algae growth, but also notice how much red some of these plants developed!!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426540517.629369.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426540534.668289.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426540553.580234.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426540570.989729.jpg

I am really interested in having the intense red, but no algae. Any advice to find the balance? More Carbon?

Exactly more carbon!

Although realistically you will not sustain these light levels without serious problems. Im sure you know this already though

Great coloration's though

They look sweet! Was the gas running the whole time?

Back
Top Bottom