Office space planted nano concept.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The lights that come with the tank are completely disposable.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406179987.431783.jpg

The tank is not 12", but use the Finnex Fugeray pictured below as a guideline: 12" lights most likely can be used, the LEDs will be facing the inside of the tank.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406180043.966511.jpg

The glass is awesome, everyrhing else is cheap-looking. The stand is a loose pease of lifht plastic, the pump is very tiny, all the plastic parts seem to be "budget version".

I will keep the tank, but I will modify things. Might even consider a classy wood stand for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You guys have been busy here.. I like the column look! I think that baby could win an award with an eseries. . Nice dw with moss climbing top to bottom and a lush hc carpet..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure if HC carpet can survive with my tendency to neglect daily glut doses, but we can work on something...

This is far from perfect: I neither have room to remove the cartridge to clean the filters nor have space to flip the light up. This tank could be 3 inches shorter and would be perfect for my desk.

It also is about one inch higher than ideal in regards of the lights and my eye level. Take a look at these pictures:

My eye level:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406208142.634626.jpg

If I spend all day with the Yogi posture:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406208181.638502.jpg

I am still considering keeping it. Lets see if the concept expands during the day or if I will replace it with the shorter non-columnar version with less water volume.

Last edited:
Check this out guys..

Attachments

• 1406213124067.jpg
    1406213124067.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 69
I am keeping the tank. Once a month I can remove the entire shelf to reach the back if necessary, or I can slide the tank forward. This is not happening weekly, so it will be fine.

I don't know they are both very cool looking! I guess the second one just because the first looks a bit too big like it might crowd the tank. I'm assuming the green box is the tank dimensions?

I guess the piece that suits best depends on which plants you plan on having.

The green perimeter is the area of the tank.

I really like the more robust one, but it would really crowd the base, not allowing me to have some more plant diversity.

I'd trim the bigger one and make a moss tree out of it!

The tree concept was in my mind too, but I want an asian biotope with less maintenance. I don't want anybody thinking that the tank is time consuming, otherwise I might be the victim of some kind of witch-hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I prefer the second one. Would look great covered in fissedens moss

Here's the coupon code for the light.
"get 10% off your first purchase on lights with coupon code: tptlightclub2014"

@ aquascapedepot.com

Sorry, shipping is unavailable to the United States (US). If you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangements please contact us.

:banghead:

I did message them. In the meantime, I am reading that for the 16" depth of this tank, the PAR that I am getting with most of the LEDs is quite minimum to do some "high tech" stuff.

LED Lighting Compendium

My bad, I saw a different Ecoxotic (not the e-series).

I am still waiting on their reply. In the meantime, is there anything bad about the Kessil line?

Not sure.. never used them. But I hardly think twice anymore for any lighting that's not dimmable or color changeable without RGBs. LOL

Back
Top Bottom