Office space planted nano concept.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard good things about the Kessel line.. only negative would be they emit a low hum from the fan.. in a quiet office setting it could either blend in with computer fans or eat away at you until you are sent into a murderous rage..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm, I would have to hear that before making a decision.

Man, I really can't believe this: all I want is a high intensity, 80+ PAR @14" deep LED (or, at this point, even CFL or whatever) and there is nothing out there. Someone, please take my money and give me the goodies!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The Kessel seems like a good fit...

LOL.. are you looking at the PAR chart on the diagram I just linked to? It looks like 80 PAR at 14"

But that one is not available, nobody answers their phone number and I sent the e-mail to them about 20 hours ago.

Well since it's a pico nano tank, small substrate might be nice. Something like ADA aqua soil "power type," or fluval shrimp stratum, or up aqua shrimp sand.

On Dr. Fosters, there's a new substrate from Brightwell that's suppose to be good.

Sand might look good for foreground.

I am thinking black sand for the foreground with some rivery gravel near the centerpiece and around the perimeter where the long background plants are. I might be able to sketch something in a moment.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406323039.142813.jpg

Short: Blixa
Medium: ludwigia cuba or rotala rotundifolia
Not sure what to use as the really long plants for the background.

That rot rot is going to overtake mid ground under that much light.. what about ar? Nice reds there..

Yah, not mini, i got it at petsmart.

I'd try to go with small leaf structure plants to help with scale. Hemianthus micranthemoides would be a nice background, it looks like a small rotala green. AR mini and/or S. Repens midground. Marsilea crenata or minuta. Narrow leaf chain sword. Lots of mosses.

Under highlight: doesn't the plant you suggest for background end up carpeting?

Here's how HM looked in my 6g (left side). As you can see, it can be trimmed into a nice round bush. The small leaf structure and bright green color makes this one of my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom