Office space planted nano concept.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good.

Could you be the source of my startup set?

We can negotiate the details in pvt. Just let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I could but it's so hot right now in AZ for shipping plants. It was 119F the other day! Plus I don't have insulated boxes or cold packs. I can start shipping and receiving plants in September or October.

Here's a 2g cube utilizing HM at my LFS. There's isn't trimmed but looks nice too. It works for background in nano or pico tanks.

That's OK.

The light is arriving this week, and soon as I will share how it is fitting on top. I have the driftwood ready to bring to work (it is sinking now) and I am about to select the plants to have them delivered next week.

Do you think regular (small) gravel from PetCo with root tabs and proper liquid dosing will do our should I get a better substrate?

Thank you. I am getting the Amazon.com just because of the convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool.. Just an fyi, some of the granules will float at first. But just poke at them and they'll sink. It's also fairly light, so use care with the initial flooding.

Same thing with PetCo black sand. I am making a cheap 2.5 to help selling bettas, all the floaters can go down if you help with the bubbles.

On a side note, look what I found. They seem to be pretty once (and if ) they make it.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406680321.462753.jpg

Yeah that's a nice looking plant, when grown in the right conditions. Colors up with nice hues of orange, red, pinkish.

I have it now submerged for what seems ti be the first time under a Finnex Fugeray at 5". Hopefully they will "make it", so I can take them to the tank in the office.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406683884.009269.jpg

Lol, this tank has 20 minutes of age. The only thing there besides what you see are two tabs for (future) roots.

For a temporary room in someone else's house, I guess I am doing OK.

PS: I will be dosing, I have an UNLIMITED source of gluta.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406685522.403197.jpg

Looks like the lair of a mad scientist:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is Eco Complete Planted Black Aquarium Substrate any good? I can get 20lbs for about 12 bucks.

Is Eco Complete Planted Black Aquarium Substrate any good? I can get 20lbs for about 12 bucks.

I use it in my planted and shrimp tanks. High CEC, no rinsing. No jet black; has flecks of red, gray, tan. I believe the grains are safe for corydora's barbels. Some folks prefer the fine grain.

Ended up getting Brightwell Aquatics FlorinVolcanit Plant Substrate 5 lbs Rio Escuro-F Fine Particle Size Substrate from Drs Foster and Smith. They have been good to me and I am quite loyal to those that serve me well.

I'm sure I don't know as much about any of this as you do, but all my Bettas spend a lot of time all over the tank, including the bottom, up to about 15" deep. Haven't tried deeper. If you did a 15 column could you have Otos at the bottom? I've kept Otos and a male betta before.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Yes, that's doable. Otos or cories can be done. But that starts to creat O2 concerns, and the bioload, and cleaning the tank becomes another issue...

I might have, after the tank is fully cycled and established, some shrimp. Might have to replace the betta with one of my new juvies by then, to avoid the territorial thing.

Back
Top Bottom