Office space planted nano concept.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Light arrived today in Boston, but I was on my way out to Portland, OR.

The LEDs are all facing tje inside of the glass, but the entire fixture is slightly bigger than the width of the tank.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406866844.178530.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406866996.511775.jpg

I did find an elegant way to fix this issue though, with all the LEDs evenly distributed:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406867046.755967.jpg

It will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ahh darn.. didn't think it was wider than the tank! I started laughing with that 3rd pic! But can't tell if you are serious? Technically it should work. But do you want it to work that way? What are you going to do?

It should work I guess as long as you have low light plants in the corners that are perpendicular to the light.

That's the eseries? Should cover just fine! You could always hang it from the shelf??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I thought about that, using some nylon to make it float right above the glass.

3m command adhesive strips might be helpful, if the light has a flat spot on top. You can get a pack of just the strips. I'd be inclined to get a small shelf or box the size of the light and make it almost like an aquarium lid, mount it to the wall, stick the light to the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

A custom made box to go on top with a matching base would be nice, but this was suppose to be a low light, low cost, low maintenance tank that already became a full time tank (should belong to my fish room at home). We will see...

Got a hold of some plants, here they are on a small (1/8g) transition tank waiting for the substrate to arrive.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407125340.744979.jpg

I have one of those cube vases. Had it planted once too. Where did you get the plants from? I'll send you some in October when it cools down here.

The legendary Brookster was my source. We met today here near Boston and now he is the proud owner of one of the only few Halfsun bettas.

Looks like a massive whiskey glass. Neat.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bettas chilling in a net until the other tank mates are rehomed later today.. plants look better already!!

For the e-series users: where do you stick your digital clock/ir receiver?

Lets see a pic?

Wouldn't normally post a pic in someone else's thread.. seeing as he is Rc ' s pride.
As for the ir reciever? I keep mine out of sight, the remote finds it every time. . Maybe under your desk?

Attachments

• 1407235333909.jpg
    1407235333909.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 78
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407283076.318459.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407283093.502024.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407283118.993425.jpg

On my way back to Petco. This tank will be returned and I might just get a Fluval Spec.

Is that a short silicone seal?

It is a silicone seal that is completely detached from the back panel.

The Spec 5 is 20" long, it will not work for me.

My last resource (if I want to see the tank before buying) is the silhouette.

Back
Top Bottom