Opinion needed. Air stone or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok wife likes it and of course I don't. I feel it takes away from the natural look of the tank. The wife thinks it looks "pretty" and "it's nice to look at"

So what do you guys/gals think.

For those that don't know it's a 75g mixed African Cichlid tank.

WITH:

image-3188230148.jpg

image-3761494596.jpg

WITHOUT:

image-4050190490.jpg

image-4181732640.jpg

I like it. I have them in all of my tanks and it's fun to watch the fish swim in and out of the bubbles. One of my salvini thinks its food do he's always eating bubbles.

Haha dude i am with you, without for sure. But it does seem like your picture taking abilities suddenly got better once the airstone was removed :) lol

Man I'm losing this one. Now an air stone hold no benefit right? I've read so many things that claim yes and then others that say there purely for looks.

So... If no benefit I think I'm just gonna pull rank and unplug it and say "I think the pump went" "it just stopped" "I look at it soon to see what's going on" "man it stinks too! I really like it!"

;)

My luck she'll ask what kind of pump and go but one lol.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha dude i am with you, without for sure. But it does seem like your picture taking abilities suddenly got better once the airstone was removed :) lol

See! I take pictures without lol ;)

Ill send you a pump if yours "goes out" hahaha jk!!! it looks good either way......ill be the tie breaker if need be.

Haha!! This is a great thread! lol

I'm pulling the plug ;)

I think when she goes to sleep the ummmm... Hmmmm.... The pump just seized. "yeah honey it happens" "I'll see if it's under warranty"

I hate to say it man, but I have them in mine. I thinks it adds another visual element to the tank, and my featherfin loves to lay over the bubbles. Plus with the occasional power outages, it helps to oxygenate. Sorry :(

I cant lie i have one but dont like it. Just never bothered removing it because my fish swim through it i think they like it lol

Back
Top Bottom