Opinions and advice need on ich, when to put back into dt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicolea

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here's my situation for anyone that can add some input or past experience.
I have two clowns that I bought off a friend as a pair. They did good in the tank for a week and half than started with white film and spots. I didnt have a qt set up so set one up, I have argonite, and fake decoration for hiding, the cheap basic filter that came with it, and its a 10g.

For a well week I tried treating with a herbal ick treatment. Slowly got better, but was advised to try copper. So did a 50% water change, put some carbon in for 24hrs to rid of any meds. Than treated w cupramine copper. The big one was already cleared up, and the few spots on the small are all gone, they look great. I have my ammonia at .25 maybe pushing .50. I did another PWc and the ammonia I can't get under control.. I know the tank isn't cycled.. I get that part ... I didnt have a choice.

QUESTION; can I put them back in dt? It's been about 2 weeks, I understand the ICH in the tank might not be gone, but they shouldn't get it if they aren't stressed right?

It's very difficult for me to PWC everyday. My rodi system isn't set up yet.

U should not put them in the dt till your 8 weeks is up... As for the ammonia u need to do a bigger pwc or that will kill the fish.....

If the ich was in the dt it won't be dead after only two weeks so if you put them back in they will become infected again. Wait it out for the 6 to 8 weeks just to be safe.

I agree with them u should wait it out for 6 to 8 weeks for it to completely die out in the dt and hopefully you don't have any fish in the dt at all

Back
Top Bottom