Opinions on my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnimalMother

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon fw tank. I have had it for about 9 years. I was the idiot who just decided I wanted a tank and set it up with little research so it was rocky for about 6-12 months. Ever since it has been very healthy and the fish only seem to die of old age. For the past couple years I have not added anything because I had an iridescent shark (didn't know how big they got) that was HUGE- about 12 inches. He got to the point where he was basically a renegade recking ball in the tank. He even jumped out one time and my husky pounced him- he still lived. I finally re homed him so he now has much more space 200+ gallons although I don't believe this fish should be so readily available in pet stores due to size requirements. Since he is gone my tank looked a bit empty so after finally being able to make it pretty again and keep the deco straight added a few fish. Here is what currently resides. A common pleco (about 10 inches long) a weather loach about 7 inches, a golden gourami about 5 inches, 2 kissers 1 about 5 inches one (new) about 3 inches, a rainbow shark (new) about 2-3 inches, and a red spotted gold severum (new) about 3 inches. I had a rsg severum from my original set up that passed about a year and a half ago and so I wanted another- I love them! Any advice or opinions on my tank- are single fish of a species happy? The only one that seems to be a bit of a bully is the larger kisser (of course) but he isn't that relentless- nobody appears stressed. Does this seem overstocked or like a bad combo?

Back
Top Bottom