Opinions on this decoration/bubbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teakwood

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone used a house like this? I think it's concept is awesome and my Cory's may like it when they go in the tank, and loaches if I get them but I'm a little concerned about the spinning wheel. I'm worried about a fish some how getting stuck in it. Any thoughts? I like the look of it I got it free when a friend gave me her old tank.

Attachments

• image-1224992756.jpg
    image-1224992756.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 100
I doubt there will be any problems. The petsmart by me has one in a 46 bowfront and they have all different sizes of fish in there. I think the fish are smart enough to avoid it.

Paxdaddy said:
I doubt there will be any problems. The petsmart by me has one in a 46 bowfront and they have all different sizes of fish in there. I think the fish are smart enough to avoid it.

Thanks, puts my mind to ease a bit.

I agree. Fish are used to avoiding certain things in the wild so they will figure out to avoid the spinning part if they need to. Best wishes with your tank!!

I have the same one in one of my tanks and my clown loaches have moved in and taken ownership of it. They occasionally move the gravel around and a pebble will sometimes get wedged in the wheel and stop it from spinning, but other than that it has worked out fine.

The only reason I even second guessed it was because I bought this tank of Craigslist after my last one cracked, the guy I bought it from insisted he waits till most of the water is drained to take fish out, needless to say a danio dyed going out the syphon hose and a silver dollar got stuck in it. He's doing pretty good but I did get nervous since he was compromised about if he could potentially get stuck in it if he got to close.

Teakwood said:
Has anyone used a house like this? I think it's concept is awesome and my Cory's may like it when they go in the tank, and loaches if I get them but I'm a little concerned about the spinning wheel. I'm worried about a fish some how getting stuck in it. Any thoughts? I like the look of it I got it free when a friend gave me her old tank.

I have that exact house. My fish all love it!

Back
Top Bottom