!Oscar Paradise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OsciTheOscar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
qxnfw8.jpg

just switched over to tahitian moon sand thanks to hukits' suggestions! looks great!!! it looks like a lot of plants but in person they are pretty spaced out...

Haha i just figure hed like to swim through them, as they are well spaced... I actually catch him swimming on his back through the plants... Its a 55gal tank and i know it may be small but at the moment i cant afford anything bigger...

My setup was worse i had 5 africans and a few other fish in the 55 with him when i started out and knew nothing about fish, but i have em all split up now and all my fish are doing great and my tanks are looking much better and cleaner now also that addition of tahitian moon sand that hukit suggested, makes it look so nice... Id suggest that sand to anyone!

75 might be for with a pleco I'm not sure, I know I read something about 75g for an Oscar on a previous thread.

in my reading (becuase an Oscar or two I was going to get at first) about a 55g was that eventually it too would become too small for an Oscar to comfortably turn around in. That a 75 would be the minimum, since I had the 55 I went AFRICAN Peacock and Im not sorry. I love Oscar's but love the Peacocks too.

Thanks man... Yea i have this water pretty nice for the oscar... Plus hes not close to full size yet either so he'll be ok for the time being but hopig sometime in the next year to get something bigger and turn my 55 into a peacock festival haha i also like the idea of shell dwellers cause of their unique personality...

well nice tank but still feel bad for the oscar. bare min is 75 gallon as they can grow to 12+ inches. and if your really tight, then a 55 may do tell he reaches about 10 inches but BARE tank ( with sand ) so no plants or anything. but he wont be good in there for long. how big is he now?

JB_convict_breeder said:
well nice tank but still feel bad for the oscar. bare min is 75 gallon as they can grow to 12+ inches. and if your really tight, then a 55 may do tell he reaches about 10 inches but BARE tank ( with sand ) so no plants or anything. but he wont be good in there for long. how big is he now?

The tanks looks great and His Oscar will be just fine HUKIT has already addressed the tank size issue. 55 is just fine with good water conditions, however a 75 offers more wiggle room.

HUKIT said:
A 55g works with pristine water conditions since oscars are prone to HITH due to poor water/diet so a 75 gives the hobbyist a little more leeway.

although a 55 *may work* doesnt really mean you should force the oscar to live in somthing that equals his growth. 12 inche ( or is it 13 inch ) width of the tank is the same as what the oscar can/will grow to, and they can even get bigger.. just giving my 2 cents.

JB_convict_breeder said:
although a 55 *may work* doesnt really mean you should force the oscar to live in somthing that equals his growth. 12 inche ( or is it 13 inch ) width of the tank is the same as what the oscar can/will grow to, and they can even get bigger.. just giving my 2 cents.

I am not going to sit here and argue this point with you. HUKIT has said it would work on this thread as well as another thread let's just leave it at that.

Yea can we delete this thread? Im sick of seeing the negative comments and such and i promise i wont bring up oscars anymore...

Back
Top Bottom