Overstocked? Room for more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiesto643

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, so just wondering on my tank stocking. My lfs said they think I'm about at my limit, but I know a lot of advice on here is not to always take the lfs advice.

190l (50 US Gal) corner tank. Juwel trigon with the standard filter. A bubbler and a power head.

Current stock -
1 bristlenose Pleco
6 rummy nose tetras
10 cardinal tetras
2 German blue ram

So what's the opinion, fully stocked, overstocked, or room for maybe one more fish that will hang out at the top of the tank?

I'm not familiar with your filter, but if its a good one you are really not even close to being fully stocked in my humble opinion.

Thanks, bit more info on the filter...

Internal filter
Bio flow 3.0
With the several layers of the different sponges etc, but I opted out of the optional carbon
Filter pump eccoflow 600 litres per hour.

You should checkout aquavisor.com it's a good baseline for stocking. I think you're probably about 60-70% stocked

I'm not familiar with the filtration system but I'd say your not close to over stocking yet

That's a lot of little fish with small bio load. You have room for more in my opinion. You bump that filter up, room for even more

You have a lot of room. I would do a school of cories or small loach, a festivum, and a keyhole. Or 3-5 rainbows.

I think rainbows are great I have a small school of boesmani the colors really liven up the tank, and they are still young will get eve more colorful as they grow. Also maybe some gouramis those also look great. But it's your tank you need to see what you love

Attachments

• image-947854518.jpg
    image-947854518.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom