Pakistani/yoyo loach & Cherry Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abouzainah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

so after doing my homework and reading about pakistani/yoyo loach, i finally decided to bring 2 of them to my aquarium as i was told they are good cleaners, most people were saying its safe to put yoyo loach with cherry shrimp, well its not :roll:

I was observing them most of the day when i added them to my tank and they were peacful n helping with the tank cleaning, now when the lights went out :evilbat: first night i lost 3 out of my cherry shrimps (total 6) which i had for months in my tank :( so when i checked in the morning and only counted 3 shrimps i was like "hey am sure there hiding somewhere", next night yoyos did what it seems they do best and "cleaned" my tank of all shrimps :bad-words:

Just thought to share this with you guys

Yeah. Sadly they will eat shrimp and snails. Like most fish they cannot be trusted with shrimp. Sorry you were told differently. :(. They are cool fish though. I had some years ago and they were very comical. Make sure your tank is covered because one of mine jumped out.

removed yoyos from my aquarium :( too late

how about panda cory? is it safe to be placed with cherry shrimps?

Back
Top Bottom