panda cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a.tetreault

Aquarium Advice Freak
i've heard of some people who keep panda cories in 10 gallon tanks, i was wondering if this would be suitable for my tank?

i have:

1 apple snail
7 neon tetras

and i will be adding a dwarf blue gourami

my original plan was to get ghost shrimp, but apparently as of like a month ago they have become illegal in manitoba! i thought of getting red cherry shrimp but am not really as interested in them. so i was hoping i could get a trio of pandas?

Habrosus are great in a 10 gal. Pandas are bigger and I would consider a 15/20H minimum for them, though some would find them suitable.

When stocking cories get 6 or more if you can, but 4 at the very least. This goes for all cories, but especially the smaller guys that seem to really do best in larger groups.

The reason I picked panda cories was because I don't have a very big selection, What I have seen so far has only been bronzed, panda, peppered and albino. Would any of the other ones be more suitable? I'm not familiar with scientific names at all so I have to go just by looks and the names that the petstores give them.

The peppered are larger than the pandas, and the bronze and albino even larger, so definitely leave those out. ;)

Why not get dwarf corys? I keep some in my nano tank, unreal to see the miniture version of the cory, they very cute and Ive found more active than the Panda/Pepper corys I have in my bigger tank.

I dont have an lfs near by that sells dwarf cories for some reason. I think I might try 4 pandas in my ten gallon and see how they do.

OK. Lots of times shops can order in all different types of cories that they don't typically stock. If you wanna give it a shot you can always ask your local shops if they can order the habrosus aka dwarf cories for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom