Parrot fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1997

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I'm wondering how big parrot fish get I currently have 2 in my 55 gallon tank?

I'm still trying to find that out plus im trying to see if people know how to sex them

The reason why I've been asking how big they get is I've got 2 oscars and 2 parrot fish so I've got to see how long I will need to upgrade to a bigger tank

I believe 8"-10" is right sometimes 12" but that is rare.

I've seen two parrots in smaller tanks they aren't as aggressive but two Oscars def need a lot of room at 15" a piece they get gge size of dinner plates

Yeah I'm looking at a juwel rio 240 aquarium I do understand it won't be long till I have to get rid of my 125

I've a white Rio 240 - might still have issues with 2 fully grown Oscars in there with Parrots. My Dad has 2 fully grown Oscars on there own in 260 Vision and he has to put books on the top of the tank to keep the lid down when they decide to play.

Touch wood I can have look into the weight of a 4-5 ft tank as its in my bedroom you see lol

Touch wood I can have look into the weight of a 4-5 ft tank as its in my bedroom you see lol

Your going to have to look at a 6-8 foot tank. A 4-5 foot isn't going to provide sufficient swimming room for such large fish. Imagine a fish that's over a foot long living in a 4 foot tank. It gets to swim 4x it's body length then has to stop and turn around.

Oscars, when cared for probably, grow at an extremely fast pace, nearly an inch a month. It'll not be long before they outgrow that tank and water quality starts to fail

Back
Top Bottom