Patty and Johnnys new Juvenile Tiger Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their crazy fish. That's why with my wet pets I keep it simple. Makes tank cleaning a bit easier also. As for as him only being 8" I believe their growth slows at that point. I also think females are a little smaller. Max may be a girl. Don't take this as fact. I'm generalizing, never owned one.
you have done everything right so I wouldn't worry. Glad he's doing good.

Yes safety first after this first year of exploits! You're right, we could have a female on our hands. Forgot all about that.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So, a couple weeks ago I noticed water leaking from the outflow on my AC110. I pulled it so I could silicone the small crack then left it on top of my tank to dry.....for a couple of days. I get home after work one morning and my husband tells me my son saved Max's life. He proceeds to tell me that my 9 year old happened to get up at 0530 for a drink. Luckily he went to the kitchen and not his bathroom. Max was on the floor in FRONT of his tank and our passive cat dog was quizzically nudging at him (she does this with mice too, totally not a killer). Grayson runs down the hall yelling for his Dad to come rescue Max. Throws him in the tank, no injuries whatsoever. So my cat is a dog and my fish is a cat. Thought Mikem691 might enjoy :)

So, a couple weeks ago I noticed water leaking from the outflow on my AC110. I pulled it so I could silicone the small crack then left it on top of my tank to dry.....for a couple of days. I get home after work one morning and my husband tells me my son saved Max's life. He proceeds to tell me that my 9 year old happened to get up at 0530 for a drink. Luckily he went to the kitchen and not his bathroom. Max was on the floor in FRONT of his tank and our passive cat dog was quizzically nudging at him (she does this with mice too, totally not a killer). Grayson runs down the hall yelling for his Dad to come rescue Max. Throws him in the tank, no injuries whatsoever. So my cat is a dog and my fish is a cat. Thought Mikem691 might enjoy :)

Wow, what a scare! Did you make sure all possible escape holes are closed now?

That did remind me to put the filter back where it was......for sure. Lol! Yes the rest of it is inescapable.

Oh man! Glad you had the cat and son to save him! I just lost my argentea to chasing the dithers right out the filter opening in the back. Found him too late.

Pure luck on timing for sure That really sucks.....I'd cry....it would be bad. How old was yours??

Back
Top Bottom