Patty and Johnnys new Juvenile Tiger Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its a type of cricket. Looks like a spotted camel cricket. I was just worried about the "stinger" looking hind quarters.

Yea I don't know why but I'm leery of feeding stuff I find. Wish I wasn't. When My daughter had the hybrid she fed it any bug she found and he's fine.

Yea I don't know why but I'm leery of feeding stuff I find. Wish I wasn't. When My daughter had the hybrid she fed it any bug she found and he's fine.

Ok. Well if no one else is sure I will release them. I've given him a field cricket once I caught with no problem.

Those are just crickets.. I'd probably feed them but I don't know any better..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well Max is a full 6 inches now, so he's gonna need a bigger home by summers end. He likes his ping pong ball and will even jump out of the water when he really gets after it. I need to invent a type of lid that is a dome but still provides light. He seems to really love jumping. Got a bit of an indent on his head last week from it, but its healed up now, didn't break the skin. My boys have taken to excitedly pulling weeds because they are hunting for worms to give him. Haven't had to buy any in weeks, haha. They really are smart fish. He knows us and hides from strangers. He and the cat race up and down the tank. He seems to think her tail is something to eat, pretty funny stuff. Occasionally he gets up enough courage to brush our fingers a few times, then swims just out of reach looking suspiciously at me. Now I just want another one!

Well Max is a full 6 inches now, so he's gonna need a bigger home by summers end. He likes his ping pong ball and will even jump out of the water when he really gets after it. I need to invent a type of lid that is a dome but still provides light. He seems to really love jumping. Got a bit of an indent on his head last week from it, but its healed up now, didn't break the skin. My boys have taken to excitedly pulling weeds because they are hunting for worms to give him. Haven't had to buy any in weeks, haha. They really are smart fish. He knows us and hides from strangers. He and the cat race up and down the tank. He seems to think her tail is something to eat, pretty funny stuff. Occasionally he gets up enough courage to brush our fingers a few times, then swims just out of reach looking suspiciously at me. Now I just want another one!

Thanks for the update! So glad hes doing good.

He is getting big and brave! Love to hear about him :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sigh, all life has been crazy. He is doing great. About 7 inches now which seems small to me. He was 2 went I got him last November. Eats like a pig though. Still searching for a bigger tank. Coming up with nada so far. We just can't afford to pay retail for new equipment. So, I've been keeping up the twice weekly big water changes. I will try to get new pics posted when I'm not at work. Thanks for checking on us Mike!

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Glad to hear he is doing good. Post some updated pictures if you get a chance. I hear you about life being crazy some times.

Woop woop! Guess who's backkkk

Sigh, all life has been crazy. He is doing great. About 7 inches now which seems small to me. He was 2 went I got him last November. Eats like a pig though. Still searching for a bigger tank. Coming up with nada so far. We just can't afford to pay retail for new equipment. So, I've been keeping up the twice weekly big water changes. I will try to get new pics posted when I'm not at work. Thanks for checking on us Mike!

I'd say that growth is OK. Some claims on Oscar growth are bit exaggerated, some occasionally really achieve it but more often than not it takes over a year to reach a foot. Been following since the beginning, thanks for the update. I catch myself randomly wondering about other AA members tanks more than I probably should. Fish on the brain I guess.

Hi!! He's riding the glass for treats atm but here he is. Punk.

Attachments

• 1437088134907.jpg
    1437088134907.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 1437088145986.jpg
    1437088145986.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 1437088161636.jpg
    1437088161636.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 55
Yes, he's girthy with a big head. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

He's looking good. So does the tank.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Psssssst how's the oscy??

I love your Oscar. I really want one but I have a 55 gallon community tank right now, so not going to happen anytime soon. Plus I have read that a 55 gallon is the minimum size for an Oscar. My LFS has some really cool looking white and yellow/orange Oscars. I go by daily to look at them!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry I'm bad about checking this lately. Yes, I really should have already had a 75g minimum ready when I got him. He needs huge frequent water changes in my 55. I'm upgrading this month (can't wait). They are really water dogs. I will probably always keep one. So incredibly smart and interactive. He likes to belly flop to get our attention these days so I've had to lower the water level. Oh! I gotta get a video next time. He is literally afraid of large crickets. I love watching him work up the nerve to attack. Lol. I did end up taking the dw out. Couple of banged up spots so....all healed up now. Yesterday I discovered both of my 150w top fin heaters died. Still can't figure that one out. I'm going to try Aqueon maybe? Needs to not be glass. Anyhoo, off to see what's up with Mike and Brooks tanks.....

Back
Top Bottom