Paul's 38 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys. been wanting them for a while now. Keeping my eyes pealed fo the right dead at the right time on a tank.

Beautiful tank Paul. I really like the red Dragonets. They are so colorful. Love the blue hornet to. I bought a couple of blue hornet frags a while back. They have a very nice color to them. I have a purple hornet as well that has been growing nicely since I purchased it. The purple hornet has bigger polyps than my blue one. I've been wanting a red hornet but don't see them to often and when I do the price is really high. Hopefully I can find one that is reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Beautiful tank Paul. I really like the red Dragonets. They are so colorful. Love the blue hornet to. I bought a couple of blue hornet frags a while back. They have a very nice color to them. I have a purple hornet as well that has been growing nicely since I purchased it. The purple hornet has bigger polyps than my blue one. I've been wanting a red hornet but don't see them to often and when I do the price is really high. Hopefully I can find one that is reasonably priced.

Thanks! Yea my guy had some red hornets too he would have gave me for the same price, I will probably be getting them next! :)

So I haven't seen the male dragonet in a few days or more and was really thinking that he was a gonner, because I check often and never really known of them to stay hidden. Well this morning I opened up the aquarium cabinet where my sump is to check on my choc chip star and BAM, my little male buy red is right in plain sigh looking at me! I couldn't have been happier! So I guess some how he made it into the overflow box (which is covered) down th pipe and over a baffle to reach the refugium where he was. Had to take all my rock and chaeto out to catch the little guy which actually turned out to be difficult. Back in the DT now! :D Here are a couple pics I took on my phone during and after the incident. He really stands out in the fuge!

zpDthVm.jpg

XoLSEYQ.jpg

So I haven't seen the male dragonet in a few days or more and was really thinking that he was a gonner, because I check often and never really known of them to stay hidden. Well this morning I opened up the aquarium cabinet where my sump is to check on my choc chip star and BAM, my little male buy red is right in plain sigh looking at me! I couldn't have been happier! So I guess some how he made it into the overflow box (which is covered) down th pipe and over a baffle to reach the refugium where he was. Had to take all my rock and chaeto out to catch the little guy which actually turned out to be difficult. Back in the DT now! :D Here are a couple pics I took on my phone during and after the incident. He really stands out in the fuge!

zpDthVm.jpg

XoLSEYQ.jpg

That's the only problem with the small ones. They get into places they shouldn't be Lol. I'm glad he is alright though. Post a pic of your red hornet when you get one. I would love to see it.

That's the only problem with the small ones. They get into places they shouldn't be Lol. I'm glad he is alright though. Post a pic of your red hornet when you get one. I would love to see it.

Oh I will. I post pic of everything! :)

Yea I thought Petco had a size limit on their sales because I've never seen a tank in their store above a 55 gallon. I know PetSmart carries larger tanks but I don't know how their sale works.

I have the same problem with mexican turbo snails, they last about a month then slowly die off. I do have one that has been alive for about 6 months though, lone survivor.

So I ended up picking up a couple nice little frags for Black Friday. :) We'll just have to wait until I get some pics they are acclimating now. Hint, one I've been wanting for a little while and even posted somewhere it would be my next frag. :brows:

So here is what I picked up today...

Red Hornet Zoas (finally!:))
Y8i1P34.jpg

aziztwr.jpg

Red/Orange Monti Cap (should fill out nicely in future tank upgrade)
WxG7h6V.jpg

So here is what I picked up today...

Red Hornet Zoas (finally!:))
Y8i1P34.jpg

aziztwr.jpg

Red/Orange Monti Cap (should fill out nicely in future tank upgrade)
WxG7h6V.jpg

Nice, the reds are my favorite of the hornet morphs (I know go figure :p ), really like that monti too :)

Not much new, but all is doing well. Here are some photos I shot today.

FTS
7oaSCmo.jpg

Ruby Red Dragonet (finally got one of the male!)
FsJxYtN.jpg

Red Hornet in place
gmtgKIg.jpg

Kryptonite showing new growth!
AgitvgR.jpg

Good close-up of the Harlequin :)
FxTXLSy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom