Pea Puffer in a community!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

serena00

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well today I decided to do what I've wanted for a long time. I added 1 Pea Puffer to my community tank. In this 20g tank I currently have 4 molly, 2 swords, 3 rummynose tetra, 2 otos, 2 white short skirt tetra.

I have a back up cycled tank just in case there is an issue.

So far they are all loving life. They enjoy their new friend and are not fighting. It has been 4-5 hours now and no fights or nipping. Everybody is happy. Maybe I just got lucky with this puffer, but I sure am happy about it.

Hope it goes well, used to have one but he had his own tank. Curious to hear how this goes :) Would love to see pic of him/her if poss?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

thats a pretty big bioload... mollys get pretty big. gonna take some massive water changes to keep your params decent for the puffer

thats a pretty big bioload... mollys get pretty big. gonna take some massive water changes to keep your params decent for the puffer

Well they have all been happy together for 8 months, no deaths no problems. Everybody is healthy. I do 25% water changes each week. I don't see this tank as a problem in all honestly. These Molly's will not be bigger than 2 inches.

Well they have all been happy together for 8 months, no deaths no problems. Everybody is healthy. I do 25% water changes each week. I don't see this tank as a problem in all honestly. These Molly's will not be bigger than 2 inches.

no i have no issue with them being happy im sure they are. im just saying watch water quality as most mollies get over 3 inches and having so many live bearers causes water quality issues often

I had a group of dwarf puffers in a community tank. They all lived well until the tank got ich :(.

I'm sorry about that. I've never gotten ich but heard a lot of horror stories about it. :(

Back
Top Bottom