Peacock eel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone has it unfortunatly, and he has been in even before it started..;( do you think higher temps could kill him though?

Depends how high. High temps. Could kill him but he could be fine too. Im not really sure of there tolerance to heat!
How long has your tank been 86'

Uhm probably 4 days now, but has been slowly going up for the past couple too. I was planning on keepin it there for at least another 2 weeks. I have noticed, that he sits up, lile straight up, on the gravel more. And he burys himself alot more...

Thanks!!! Hopefully they get used to it. What is the max temp for a peacock eel btw?

He is really acting odd now. He sayed burried almost ALL day, and he finally moved when i poked him. When he sits, its either goin straight up or down..help!!!

He is really acting odd now. He sayed burried almost ALL day, and he finally moved when i poked him. When he sits, its either goin straight up or down..help!!!
If you can't take him out, there is nothing I personally know how to do. Maybe he caught ich. Somtimes you don't see it because it lives in the gills.
What are your water parameter? There could be an issue there, but I am guessing the problem is the heat. Still, double check the water params to make sure.

There are meds that are plant safe. You can slowly drop heat to 82 and maybe save your Eel.
But are those safe for the eel? Just curious because peacock eels are "scaleless" fish and I have heard them to be sensitive to meds like corys are.

absolutangel04 said:
But are those safe for the eel? Just curious because peacock eels are "scaleless" fish and I have heard them to be sensitive to meds like corys are.

Usually you use 1/2 strength. Or check w manufacturer. The ones that are plant safe should be safer for the Eel. Better than cooking him. Try adding aeration also. Warmer water holds less oxygen.

Ya i dont know what to fo. He stays burried all day, moves around at night, but i still see him eating

Back
Top Bottom