peacock vs mbuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Benga
German Red
Firefish
Lemon Jake
Red Empress
Blue neon
Flametail
Albino Eureka red

Plus 2 labs and a pleco.... what you think?

And I'm not sure what a blue cichlid is but from a little research it looks to be a Herring Cichlid. I wouldn't add them as its not a peacock.

If you leave those three out I think that would be pretty good and have better control on water parameters

Aulonocara stuartgranti blue neon... Looks like im going back to research so pull out those three or find 3 to replace under 5 inches? I guess if Ill be doing a water change the difference between a 25% and 50% is 10 gallons sooo... not too big a deal. But when i do water change i dechlorinate in the bucket then put in tank correct?

Ok so took your advice and revisited stocking... all at or under 5. Firefish is 6 though that ok?

Benga
German Red
Firefish?
Flametail
Aulonocara Stuartgrant (blue neon)
Ruby red albino
Northern Aulonocara
2 labs
BN Pleco

This better?

Zecolmeia said:
Ok so took your advice and revisited stocking... all at or under 5. Firefish is 6 though that ok?

Benga 5"
German Red 5"
Firefish?
Flametail
Aulonocara Stuartgrant (blue neon) 5"
Ruby red albino
Northern Aulonocara 4.5"
2 labs
BN Pleco

This better?

better but the Flametail and Aulonocara Stuartgrant are the same fish.

Can you suggest two? Also... I can't find a pure ammonia source anywhere. Any alternatives to cycle tank

anyone have any experience with bottled bacteria as a jump start?

I have used bottled bacteria on all my tanks.. I use seachem brand with no problems.. petsmart usually has a startup kit with prime clarity and bottled bacteria..

I have used api stress zyme with no issue. Not sure if it helps but I'd still allow time for the tank to cycle.

And bbothh tanks were good long term? So out in bacteria add ammonia and continue normal faithless cycle?

So put in bottle... then add ammonia and follow typical fishless cycle?

Yes you are right. There should be instruction on the bottle too.
I am curious to see if it will speed up the cycle. I didn't measure mine last time.

So here is a stocking list... I added two. This still work?
Yellow Lab 2
Aulonocara baenschi
German Red
Firefish
AULONOCARA STUARTGRANTI(flametail)
Ruby Red Albino Aulonocara "Rubescens Albino"
Northern Aulonocara sp. "Chitande Type Masinje" Alsp.
Cynotilapia sp. "hara"
Aulonocara ethelwynnae

and some sort of pleco

I really want a l18 golden nugget pleco... my ph is sitting around 8 8.2. That gonna be too high?

Zecolmeia said:
I really want a l18 golden nugget pleco... my ph is sitting around 8 8.2. That gonna be too high?

I was wondering that also, I seen 1 at the Lfs today my ph is 8.2-8.4

I have a gold nugget in my mbuna tank at 8.2 ph. The main thing is to drip acclimate them very slowly. I acclimated mine for 3 hours and he transitioned into the tank very well.

The ph imo shouldn't really matter as long as you introduce them to the water the right way.

Edit

Cichlid-dude said:
I have a gold nugget in my mbuna tank at 8.2 ph. The main thing is to drip acclimate them very slowly. I acclimated mine for 3 hours and he transitioned into the tank very well.

There ya go ^^

Andrew McFadden said:
The ph imo shouldn't really matter as long as you introduce them to the water the right way.

Edit

There ya go ^^

Thank you cause the clerks at petsmart know nothing barely know what kind of fish they have lol

Back
Top Bottom