Pearl gourami tb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's just a wee little barely noticeable bump right above his eye. No lose of fins, no discoloration, no curved spine.

Directly above said eye

Hmmm my next guess would have to be agreeing with Andrew and going with a tumor.
It really sucks, it's really unfortunate, but sometimes these things just happen.
I don't believe there is much you can do for a tumor, but clean water will always help.
Hopefully the tumor is benign and won't affect your fish.

Of course, every bump and unknown skin growth doesn't necessarily mean tumors.

What is your tank size, parameters, and tank mates?
EDIT: can you try your hardest to get a picture? Anything would really help at this point. :/

He's in a 30 gallon with a paradise gourami, a nice big school of tiger barbs and a rainbow shark that's not yet grown to the right size to go in my 75. My temp is at 80°, may ammonia is at (and I haven't checked in a day but I have changed my water 50% since then) 0.25 ppm. My Ph is 7.4 and nitrates and nitrites are at correct levels. I just turned off the lights and this was the first water change I've done since my ick cleared up too

And about the picture, you cannot see it, I have one on standby but you cannot notice anything in it. He won't stay still long enough to get an over head shot although I have tried. Even from the top it's extremely hard to notice

He's in a 30 gallon with a paradise gourami, a nice big school of tiger barbs and a rainbow shark that's not yet grown to the right size to go in my 75. My temp is at 80°, may ammonia is at (and I haven't checked in a day but I have changed my water 50% since then) 0.25 ppm. My Ph is 7.4 and nitrates and nitrites are at correct levels. I just turned off the lights and this was the first water change I've done since my ick cleared up too

Could it possibly be from the tiger barbs fighting? Or even the other gourami?
Gouramis can often fight.

Well I highly doubt it. My tigers are intimidated by him and the paradise and usually whichever side of the tank they go on the tigers flee to the other. My paradise and pearl are always together and I've never seen them fight, even the paradise flaring at him is a rare sight.

The only time my tigers are with the gouramis is feeding and even then they're on edge with every move they make.

Calm down. Posting multiple timeds doesnt help. Edit your last post and include what ever else you needed to say. We help when we can. If there arent any answers then we dont normally reply.

You may just be over reacting because from the sounds of it, its just a tiny bump. He could have ran into something or got in a fight. You never know what happens when the lights go out. It's a whole new town then. I'd wait it out because it really only seems to be bothering you. Patience is key in the aquarium world. If he is eating and acting normal then dont worry. If its that big of a deal the QT him until the problem is solved. Don't medicate unless you know what the problem is

Ok and I'm a slight hypochondriac and germaphob so that's why I was panicking. And yes it's just a tiny bump. Yes I'm that paranoid about that kinda stuff.

What is tb? I would say its probably either a tunour or just a bump. It could have had it the whole time and just be something it always had. I wouldnt get tooo streesed over a bump.

Well the bump is gone...ya know being a hypochondriac really sucks sometimes. And fish tuberculosis is the only aquarium disease humans can catch. It causes curved spines, loss of color and fins and he just doesn't act like his normal self. It's pretty darn rare for a real cAse to happen but it's also tricky. It masquerades as other diseases and you never know that he actually has it because you think it's something else. On the other hand a true case of fish TB is not common and very rarely happens. When you clean your tank wear gloves and try to syphon out the water fast so that it does not come in contact with you. Be aware of any cuts you have and always wash your hands and lower arms ( I stop right before my elbow) after you clean it out.
All credit goes to Aquatic Community. Also gloves aren't mandatory but they are an excellent defense against this kind of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom