perfect food for fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea the fry are starting to hatch. I moved the 2 runts back to the main fry tank since they got bigger and I don't want babies to disappear XD. so far 2 have hatch but that's fine once 1 starts its like popcorn XD.

oh and I went to my local fish store and I showed him a pic of the new guy and he is a powdered tetra that might be crossed with a bleeding heart tetra cause of the blue on the base of his tail.

30g coming together this is all that will be in it just will add more plants to finish cave actually I like it like this so no more plants and this is the end result XD. will add more sand to top though to top it off XD

Last edited:
yea the fry are starting to hatch. I moved the 2 runts back to the main fry tank since they got bigger and I don't want babies to disappear XD. so far 2 have hatch but that's fine once 1 starts its like popcorn XD.

hehe popcorn, thats funny. Oh I am so excited for you=)

The tank looks awesome, what kind of plant is the bottom left? Today I am going to try the sand thing.

Sorry last night I just got off work when I posted that. I'm not sure what he could be.

And hey, I bought a penguin 150 for my 20g and put the 100 on the 10g. Hope the media in my filter boost bb growth=)

& I know what you mean. As soon as I got the angelfish quarantined, I went straight to cleaning his filthy-smells-like-something-dead 10g tank.

Looks good so far wish sand was easier to get here in hawaii. I might try order something online and see if I like online ordering. But keep it up! Your fish are going to love you. I kinda miss the angelfish, but didn't want to get a bigger tank so it was the best to donate him.

You can use pool filter sand , I'm sure there will be somewhere to buy that ? I use it in my 3 tanks it's great ;)

hehe popcorn, thats funny. Oh I am so excited for you=)

The tank looks awesome, what kind of plant is the bottom left? Today I am going to try the sand thing.
its fake cypress not real. and so far still just 2 have hatched no big sometimes it takes some time just different each time I guess XD.

yea and I have found out that powder tetra is also known as a colored white skirt tetra. yea hopefully I wake tomorrow with a swarm of fry XD. 2 days if the 30g tanks level is good then the in 2 days 1 month fry will go in there XD.

Sweet, your fish has a skirt lol. Just kidding, anyway…can't wait to see the cory swarm. Lol Your juvis are going to have so much room in that tank=)

that's the idea and I have been doing some research and I wont keep the cardinal tetra not neon with the mosquito fish but I will put him in the 30g tank for sure its perfect for him and he is to small to mess with the fry. there is also to many hide outs for him to find them XD.

Last edited:
that's the idea and I have been doing some research and I wont keep the cardinal tetra not neon with the mosquito fish but I will put him in the 30g tank for sure its perfect for him and he is to small to mess with the fry. there is also to many hide outs for him to find them XD.

That good. I am glad everything is working out=)

the fry

ive been thinking I kept the cardinal tetra not neon in the 10g. I also will wait on transferring the babies they need to grow more. maybe when they get to an inch long I will put them in the 10g first. oh the cory and colored skirt tetra mix are loving the community tank XD. still just have 4 eggs that have hatched. well that's all for now.

ive been thinking I kept the cardinal tetra not neon in the 10g. I also will wait on transferring the babies they need to grow more. maybe when they get to an inch long I will put them in the 10g first. oh the cory and colored skirt tetra mix are loving the community tank XD. still just have 4 eggs that have hatched. well that's all for now.

One of mine hatched ;) they are sooo tiny , cute little fry :) bloody good at hiding ;) took me 20 mins to find him in a 25 litre lol ..

so I was thinking about why it was taking so long and I just remembered the first successful batch was incubated during a heat wave we had. so the temp was at 82f. so I increased the temp to 82f hopefully in another 2 days they will all have hatched. I have 4 that have hatched so far I want to move them to a separating container I have. cant do that till my dad fixes my dual air pump. lets just say their is a cut in the rubber bladder. creating an air leak. causing the bladder to not operate properly. he just has to use silicon glue to seal the cut.

Last edited:
rip for the cardinal and for most of my 300 batch except 10 eggs and 10 hatchlings. some bug laid its eggs in the egg tank and those things attacked the eggs and 5 hatchlings. I saved some and I hope they hatch. and that the hatchlings make it. hate stupid bugs they are nothing but trouble. at least the first fry batch is still doing good.

Last edited:
no but they remind me of worms all I know is I saved 20 eggs that now have their own container separate from the hatchlings. I don't know if they will hatch though. and I don't know how many hatchlings I have I think 10 more or less. so I have the hatchlings in a separation container that you hang to the side of the main tank on the inside. the eggs are in a cleaned old fry tank I had them in that floats in the main. then I have my 1 month fry in a breeders pin that I have tied down and floating in the main. I have this all with 1 pump and 4 valves. however once the other duel dries from the glue I can move the hatchling pin to my 30g. so I can have space XD. the ones that need the air are the egg and hatchling tank the breeder has slates for circulation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom