perfect food for fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cool and the babies hatched yesterday yea even got some dark ones again hope they make it so I can see what they are XD.

got 10 eggs and 5 babies so far I woke up to late and it wasn't a big lay cause puggy is still recovering from the emeralds.

Nothing yet ! Maybe unfertilised :( ah well, I'm gonna give it a few more days my first babies took nearly 2 weeks to hatch !

I've increased the temp, and moved the breeder box next to the heater, I hope in a couple of days something happens :) also the last time mine hatched was a heat wave and that's why ,,, up the temp :)

I just got back home last night so I went to check on my fish. turns out maybe all 4 female Corys that are old enough laid eggs. I counted 200 on the front of the tank. plus 92+ on the fry pen. then add in the 20-30 I pulled before counting. finally the close to 50 on the side of the tank. XD didn't mind them breeding but dang. all I did was a 50% water change and then all this like always. they love water changes XD. well I am using the breeders pin for the Cory fry from before. I just have the 2 runts in with the eggs since they are to small to eat them. not that they aren't thinking about it XD. in 1 week I can transfer the 18 bigger fry to the 10g they would be 1 month by then. then I will transfer the 2 runts to the breeders pin till they get big enough to join the rest. hoping that I don't have another batch this big for a while XD. I am running out of breeders pins or fry pins XD. well wish me luck XD.:lol:

May only be one female. I had one bronze cory lay more than 500 eggs in one spawning

Freshly hatched brine shrip are what I used when i bred corys. then they advanced to crushed flake and dried earthworm powder (re-hydrated and formed into a ball) as they grew.

Omg ! 500 ! That's some eggs I bet she was exhausted after that lot ?

That was her second spawning in six weeks. The first time, she spawned around 200 if I remember correctly. That was what I actually counted, I think there were more.

It is amazing what some fish can produce - I used to breed carp, koi etc. Carp can produce in excess of 100,000 eggs per kilogram of bodyweight. In the wild, less than 1% would survive to their second year! Its all about safety in numbers.

Back
Top Bottom