Pest while cycling...Need help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snype2live

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay so i know i made a issue for my self when i asked a lfs to squeeze me out some of there filter pads for the good bacteria ... i am cycling my ten gallon tank and well i did the above and now i have a infestation of little white worm things and mts and idk what i should do start over or what ? cause even if i started over i would have to get new sand and everything ..im just seriosly lost

my one main question is will these things go away or become more well managed when i start doing my water changes and stuff... or is this an end to my tank please someone with experiance help me

my one main question is will these things go away or become more well managed when i start doing my water changes and stuff... or is this an end to my tank please someone with experiance help me
Im pretty sure they're gonna keep growing. Maybe if you let the tank be, they wont have any food, and they will die. Probably 2 factors influence it. The ammount of resources they have, and the temperature.

Regardless if it's Hydra or Planaria, they need a food just like fish, a cycling tank (I'm assuming fishless cycling) wouldn't have the food to sustain them long term. If it's Planaria, I can't see them surviving too long in your tank without food, and even then, they show up when tanks are OVER feed. Planaria are flat like worms, if our seeing what almost looks like thread shaped worms, they may be nematodes.

See the link below for some more info
Killing Planaria and Hydra .:. Information on killing Planaria & Hydra with Fenbendazole

idk what they are they about 1/8 inch long and white but like i said im in like my 4th week of cycling and they just now showed up and idk what i should do just leave it be and try and kill em off when i see them like i been doing snails or if this is severe enough to where i need to just start all over

okay so from what i just read on nematodes on some wiki they are pretty much harmless and die off in a few days and CAN accure in a cycling aquarium has anyone had any experiance can anyone give me any further help?

Back
Top Bottom