Ph down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsdryder7

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i have a community tank with angels,rams,mollie,betta,tigerbarb ans 1 jewel cich

my ph is at 7.6 and i was thinking about adding a pressurized c02 unit to my 50gal tall...i was reading a thread that shows you the conversion sheet for your ph and kh

at 7.6 i would never be able to reach 30ppm c02 so i was wondering how to lower it to 7.0 and would that big of a change hurt the fish????

Yes, you can certainly reach 30ppm co2 at a pH of 7.6. My pH is 7.8 and I run between 35 and 40ppm co2. A drop checker is the best way to determine co2, the pH/kH reference chart doesn't always work.

ohh ok.....now im running 110 w cf on my 50 gall tall and have swords anubia and anachris but would like to start to plant way more .....i am really intrested in the press c02 but dont know if i would be wasting 250 bucks ???

do u think its worth it to me with a little over 2watts per gallon....ive read both and they show me what to order wich was very helpful thank u....what will i gain with c02 vs not on my tank???

I think you're probably right on the line where co2 may not be necessary, but will be of benefit. It's really up to you whether you want to get it or not. Are you encountering any algae problems?

ya i cant run my light over 8 hours and have to waterchange every weekend
it should make all my plants way brighter and healthier right.....

i think im going to order

hey MF i was just looking at e-bay and saw a dual 39wat =78 lol t5ho for 49 bucks so i would have two light equaling 170w wich would put me at 3 . something wpg......

i should be able to grow any plant with that correct??
then i would for sure need c02 lol

what do u think ????

yeah, at that point, you would want/need co2. I'm not so sure I'd buy a $50 fixture though, a lot of those found on ebay that are new don't hold up very well from everything I've heard. You could get a 4x39w from fishneedit.com for $125.00. I have the 2x39w on my 40 and can grow just about anything.. I'm considering upgrading to the 4x39w.

ahhhh good to know,i have looked at that fishneedit site from reading your threads......maybe i should order the c02 first then upgrade to the 4x39

that would put me a lil over three wpg.....would i be able to grow almost anything with the c02 and 4x39 10000k??

Yeah, you'd be able to grow all but a few very picky plants IMO. But, don't let me push you in to buying something you don't want. That's just my opinion

ohh i want it i want my tank to look like yours......i just needed someone like you or fort who knows their stuff to reasure me it will work if i buy the stuff you suggest .......do u know what i man lol.......

ya i have noticed that i am getting a algea breakout 2 to 3 days after my water changes.....i think its because im dosing flourish ???

I wanted to chime in here about what seems to be a confusion on measuring CO2 in your tank. You said your pH is currently 7.6... when you inject CO2, it will lower your pH, so it won't be 7.6 anymore. How much it lowers depends on how much you inject, and what your KH reading is.

i see.....should i buy a kh test kit or i thought i read one of your threads that if you buy a ph controller with the reg you dont need a kh kit or am i mistaken??

well, yes and no. I would get a drop checker. If you are using a pH controller you still need to know your KH, or you won't know what the target for the pH controller should be set to.

do i need a ph controller??

which one should i get....they have the ma957 wth ph controller and free tubing

but cheaper with out ph controller ??

what do u have

Back
Top Bottom