Picking new fish for a 2nd setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christine22780

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently setup a second tank. I have larger fish already (sailfin tang, spotted grouper, and a niger trigger)
Id like to have smaller fish and lots of snails, crabs, a shrimp, maybe a crocea clam, and a starfish....
Id like to get some clowns and I guess I can only get a pair of 2 of the orange ones b/c mismatched ones fight, and you cant pair others.
What other smaller and NON-AGGRESSIVE fish could I get? I want only fish that will allow me to get the crustaceans.
A Hippo Tang? (my kids would love a "dory")
Yellow Tangs are aggressive right? Dont get that?
I havent been fish shopping in a while, not sure what to get.. Any advice?

Goby's are a neat fish to have and there are a ton to choose from. From my understanding yellow tangs aren't particularly aggressive for tangs but you have to keep in mind that when ever you put multiple tangs in a tank you will get fighting. With tangs try to get different colors and body shapes to minimize the aggression. I'm also a real fan of anthias. They are colorful and like to hang out in groups. They are a little pricey though.

If you haven't been there i like this site because its real easy to see all the pictures and they have a compatibility chart.

Saltwater Fish: Marine Aquarium Fish for Saltwater Aquariums

I have had a yellow tamg but it was with mroe aggressive fish, and it actually got attacked by my picaso trigger... Would a Hippo Tang and a Yellow Tang fight, or are you talking about the same kind of a pair?

My tank is 50gal. I would like to choose mostly smaller fish, but I do like th Hippo Tang, if I had 1 fish that was bigger theyd have to be very friendly towards little fish. I saw the Hippo Tang was about 70 bucks yesterday, Im going to shop around for a smaller one if I can get one.

I don't think you will be able to find a tang that would be happy in a 50G tank. What size is your other tank?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom