Pics of my newly cycled tank! And some questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea safe start. Sorry

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

thanks deckape i will no worrys i want my tank to be right and perfect for my fish but i dont really want to add anything to it like aqua safe as i want the tank and filter to do the job , but saying that i might just have too

I still fishless cycled. But instead of seeding material, I used the other stuff. It took about the same time to cycle as Eco's. Almost exactly.

amazing tank there.. you could add more plants, cosidering neons my hide without alot of cover.. what kind of substrate did you use? i used crushed coral in mine.. our tanks look almost exactly the same..

It's actually just white gravel. My PH comes out of the tap between 7.2 to 7.4 and I've heard crushed coral changes PH, is that right? I would like a few more plants, the wife likes it as it is. We'll see who wins... probably her. :)

It's actually just white gravel. My PH comes out of the tap between 7.2 to 7.4 and I've heard crushed coral changes PH, is that right? I would like a few more plants, the wife likes it as it is. We'll see who wins... probably her. :)

lmao i bet your wife does win mate they always do lol but we still love em
and yes crushed coral will raise your ph in a natural way , which is what i may have to do as you guessed by now im not a big fan of all these chems you can put in your tank i get very suspicious

Yay, got some new additions...sort of. I went out and bought some awesome upgraded lighting. It's a low profile hood with 2 T-5 lights. I got one Coral Sun (bluish tint) and a Ultra Sun (nice bright whites). I can't believe how great it looks. You can also control the lights individually which is great The tank is in our bedroom, so in the evenings we'll just use the dimmer blue light. I definitely recommend to my buddies to look at upgrading. It makes a fantastic difference.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Nice! Can't wait to see the light

Alrighty! Here's the pics-

1st- New light set flush on glass hood (both lights on)

2nd- Only the Coral Sun light on. Blue tint looks awesome in low light

3rd- Light set suspended. I guess it looks cool, but scares me to death
having electronics hanging over a tank of water!

To really see the difference, scroll up to the top of the thread and see the pics I posted first.

Attachments

• New Hood lights 010.jpg
    New Hood lights 010.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 93
  • New Hood lights 017.jpg
    New Hood lights 017.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 102
  • New Hood lights 021.jpg
    New Hood lights 021.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 96
Umm... the pics on the site don't really do it justice. It looks WAY better in person and on my PC.

Real nice! Looks way better!

Where did you get the hood and light?

Petco. I'd never get fish there (still not sure where I'm gonna get them), but the light was top notch. Had to make 2 trips because a certain female in my life...not naming names. Put the wrong size lights in the cart.

I gotta get me some them... one day

Did you look into a Python? Those things are mandatory for tanks our size.

Not yet. But sure will soon

I took it off the suspended brackets. It looked cool but scared me to death. Hey Deckape, if you start thinking about upgrading your lights, I'll email you some pics because it really didn't come though whatsoever uploading to this site.

Back
Top Bottom