Pictures of new 55g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is my "new" 55g tank that I got on craigslist for $150. It included the stand and a rena 150w heater. I was happy with it. My two albino cories are now in there along with my ma and pa angelfish. Will soon be stocking more. Thought I would share. I know it looks kinda sparse, plant wise, in there. I bought a great plant package from fort384. For some reason, since moving my angels over to this tank they have decided to attack my plants. They never did this in the 29g tank. So, I don't know what gives there. Also, I was able to find a new lighting fixture for the tank at a local petstore that sells stuff on consignment. I got a 48" fixture on sale for $40 and a 7,000K light bulb for less than $20. They were having customer appreciation week and everything in the store was 20% off. I was a happy camper!! Will keep the progress updated with pictures as things change. :D

Forgot to add pictures...

lol....silly me. here are those pictures...

Attachments

• DSC03172.jpg
    DSC03172.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC03173.jpg
    DSC03173.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 95
Your tank will be awesome once those plants start filling in. Gotta love CL.

Thanks Joy!! I was hoping the plants would have a chance to fill in....my angelfish are, for some reason, tearing up and uprooting the plants. I have had to replant several of them now. They did not do that at all when they were in the 29g tank, but since moving them to the 55g they started this crazy behavior.

New tanks always look so clean. Are you planning to add more plants too?

I just picked up two of these from my favorite lfs (it's called Maw and Paw's Pets) ... just love the place and the owners! I got a male and a female to start off with. I may go get more down the road. I also picked up 6 cardinal tetras. These are all going in my 55g set up...

Threadfin Rainbowfish Profile

Rosehippi - I would love to have lots of plants and hope these fill in well...but as I stated in earlier post....my angels are messing with my plants in there for some reason. They never messed with the plants when they were in my 29g. They keep pulling them up and generally biting at them :(

More plants may help stop the fish from doing that.
Also maybe if you add some peas to your angelfish diet. Maybe they need more ruffage. lol

My koi angel used to rip my amazon sword out of my gravel on a daily basis. I ended up feeding him some lettuce every other day and sure enough he stopped. RoseHippi may be right, they need some greens in their diet.

Even though he has stopped nipping at the plants I still feed him some lettuce at least once a week. Even my diamond tetras will try to get a bite.

Update

Updated pictures of 55g tank with new plants...:D

I tried capture my angels in the last two photos guarding their eggs on top of the slate rock....:)

Attachments

• DSC03183.jpg
    DSC03183.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC03197.jpg
    DSC03197.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC03185.jpg
    DSC03185.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC03192.jpg
    DSC03192.jpg