Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pitbully - Did you sleep next to the tank last night? Late night build.
I checked the box that my FugeRay came in and the "RAY" logo looks exactly like the one in the pic. I looked at the fixtures from the top and they use identical chassises and logo plate "Finnex". The leg mounts are slightly different; the planted+ ones allow you to remove the inner rim supports. As for the LED panels, the planted+ is slightly longer than the FugeRay and uses two white wires and one black wire; FugeRay has a white, black, and blue wire. I'm sure there is a difference in the number of diodes between the two but I'm not RainMan :) I imagine the Ray2 has more than the other two. The FugeRay does not have red diodes (neither does the Ray2 from what I understand).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks fellas. Apparently I ordered the wrong light the other night in the cyber Monday hoopla. I will return it for another planted plus. I was thinking about the ray2 and planted+ combo but decided with the dual planted +s. I didn't get much sleep and I haven't took a fts yet cuz I have a bunch of plants I need to get rid of today, hopefully.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I think it would have been fine with the planted+ and FugeRay. The planted+ and Ray2 would have been a ton of light. Regardless of the combo, separate timers for sure!
What plants do you have in mind?

I just used what was in the tank before, but took out a few plants out that didn't work for me. But thanks to you, the plants you provided will make it look great * Star repens AR unsure mini or not Anubias Aponogeton unk type Rotala unk type Bacopa caroliniana Sp. Japan Cobomba And a type of lily

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Glad the star repens is looking good for you. Mine looks like feces at the moment but hopefully an adjustment in CO2 will resolve the matter.
If you need pogo erectus or ammania bonsai just holler (not sure if it fits the look you are going for).

Thanks for the offer. I still don't really know what I'm going for, maybe when I get all these plants out my tank that are floating I will have a better feel.

While we're waiting on the FTS, i thought you guys might get a kick, especially Brian, out of my first attempt at wabi kusa.

Forgot the pics, Don't know why they turned to the side.

Attachments

• 1418081115208.jpg
    1418081115208.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 1418081127172.jpg
    1418081127172.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 1418081139407.jpg
    1418081139407.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 56
Nice! Welcome to the wabikusa experiment. Mine is still alive and kickin' with noticeable growth. Didn't know what to expect.. just glad it's growing :)

Thanks Brian. It's only a couple days old. I added some dirt from a pot I had, some moss for a gecko, and panty hose...bam WK ball. I took it to work today and everyone was like wtf is that. I took off the plastic bag I had on it for a few hours today and then noticed some leaves starting to dry up. I will keep the bag on it for a bit until the plants get use to emersed conditions.

I keep plastic wrap on my cube tank the majority of the time. It needs to be in very humid conditions in order to not dry up, I believe.

Last edited:
I keep plastic wrap on my cube tank the majority of the time. It needs to be in very humid conditions in order to not dry up, I believe.

Correct. If the plants dry out then they will die

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured as much, I will leave the plastic on and let the plants get accustomed to their new environment. Im At work now and the wk seems to have pretty good condensation in the bowl, hopefully the humidity is high enough

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Need to make a mini mister or something? ? One of those fans with the spray bottle attached?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I was thinking that, but it seems like when the plastic is on everything is ok. I wish I hadn't taken the plastic off though. I have one stem of rotala that seems doomed, everything else looks good

I don't know if you can see the condensation, but seems to be fairly good.

Attachments

• 1418139378923.jpg
    1418139378923.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 47
Looks like my forehead when I eat 37.5 buffalo wings!! Niceeee

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well here it is FTS, still a Lil murky but its clearing up, haven't put the leds on yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom