Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Fresh! You up late. Lol.

Yeah I finally got rid of the HM bush and it does look better. I still have algae but not nearly as much. Glut is pretty remarkable stuff. I have a piece of DW soaking in the back yard so hopefully I'll have my new scape up soon.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Looking good man!! CO2 Is a good time huh? Hey.. that ar ever take off for you? Mine literally did not grow at all, it was like stunted right out of the package?? Strange. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks awesome! What is the super tall, big leaved (stem?) plant in the back left corner?

Thanks Clyde....the tall plant is Anubias barteri var. nana. It's tired to a 10in piece of DW. I was playing around with it and since it hid the blue label on my heater....I said what the heck. I usually have it angled with the pieces of DW in the lower left corner.

Looking good man!! CO2 Is a good time huh? Hey.. that ar ever take off for you? Mine literally did not grow at all, it was like stunted right out of the package?? Strange. .

Thanks brother! Yeah I really like being pressurized. It's just like Ronco...set it and forget it....lol

The stems I still have aren't doing anything for me either. Hopefully they will just pass as minis.

Thanks brother! Yeah I really like being pressurized. It's just like Ronco...set it and forget it....lol

The stems I still have aren't doing anything for me either. Hopefully they will just pass as minis.

Strange... i want a refund!!!

What do you guys think about 2 x 30in planted plus? They are on sale for $65 dollars, will that bring me to high light?

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What do you guys think about 2 x 30in planted plus? They are on sale for $65 dollars, will that bring me to high light?

That is an outstanding price for 30" fixtures. How tall is the 29g? 18"? I found this on a TPT post: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338114&highlight=
Also found this: http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/attachment.php?attachmentid=19869&d=1386296272
So I'm getting conflicting PAR data for that depth. However, with two fixtures it should be high light.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks fresh for the fast response. I've read both threads before and was just looking at the second one. This will be my Xmas gift to myself and I want to make sure. I have an hour and 20 mins to think about it before it goes off sale.

Get it! No, it's not a BML or Ecoxotic but for $130 it is a decent amount of light. No dimmer but you can put the fixtures on separate timers and stagger the photoperiods.

Dude I'm gonna get it, and your right for $135 its still super cheap for leds

No problem! If I were in your spot I know I would have Brookster, BrianNano, and OS helping me spend my money (and imparting good advice at the same time).
I think Brookster is picking up one as well.

That's why I'm on here for y'all knowledge and experience. With taxes and shipping it came out to $155. I still think I can out ok. Now looking for a second job. Lol

Nice buy pitty! I got a 24" the other night.. spent $5 more than you did for a 30" hahah awwwww.. I'm going to do like fresh and run the 2 on separate timers.. 6 hrs with just one and 3 hours towards the end with both.. co2 will be cranking as well.

Nice buy pitty! I got a 24" the other night.. spent $5 more than you did for a 30" hahah awwwww.. I'm going to do like fresh and run the 2 on separate timers.. 6 hrs with just one and 3 hours towards the end with both.. co2 will be cranking as well.

Thanks Brookster. I thought it was a good deal. Begged the wife to get them for me. I'm currently running my light with two timers as well. I will continue to use both and follow suit with you guys.

What's your new 24in fixture pairing with? Do you think the dual planted+ will get me to high light?

Following to learn new things. Tank looks great pitt!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fish Wrangler thanks for following along and the compliments. The tank needs a lot more work imo, but it keeps me busy. This will be my first attempt with leds so this will truly be a learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom