Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How does hydrogen peroxide kill the algae? And how do you dose it to get the best effect?

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

There's millions of microscopic reincarnated vegan amoeba trapped inside the bubbles in the h202. when put in contact with bba the little monsters go to work. As they eat the algae they poo, their poo is red so.it appears the algae is turning red and dying, this is partially true, all the poo is slowly choking the algae which will eventually kill it! Hooray!! I spot treat with a syringe, 1ml/gal. Shut the flow down for 20 min and leave off 20 min after treating..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There's millions of microscopic reincarnated vegan amoeba trapped inside the bubbles in the h202. when put in contact with bba the little monsters go to work. As they eat the algae they poo, their poo is red so.it appears the algae is turning red and dying, this is partially true, all the poo is slowly choking the algae which will eventually kill it! Hooray!! I spot treat with a syringe, 1ml/gal. Shut the flow down for 20 min and leave off 20 min after treating..

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426880306.008021.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This was epic.

View attachment 267933

This was perfect.

Thank you both for making my day!!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

Digging how it's looking. I'm having a bit of trouble with the pogo, only the top halves have leaves/needles. Bottom is bare.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427150846.459254.jpg

Engage jungle mode:)

I've read adding odd numbers of things make pics, vids, and scenes more interesting.

Odd numbers? Works for some things, but not these tanks.
8YvT84z.jpg
i decorated them at different times (might have been different days) but later realized how predictable and consistent I am.

Lol....I see what you mean. Looks like they were laid by chicken fish. Just look at how nature does it (rocking falling off a side of a hill), out of order and some times chaotic, but beautiful.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bawk-bawk! Watch out for the chicken fish! ?? Funniest thing I've read all day.
It really takes an eye for nice hardscaping; I stink at it so I just do the plants.

Just got home from a long weekend and discovered a bunch of green hair algae on my limno, have y'all experienced this? Only thing different was no one was able to feed or fert for 3 days.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom