Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! I didn't know plecos bred so prolifically! You must have quite a pair.

Me either, but once your in love there's no stopping it. I guessing once you have a breeding pair of whatever fish, they tend to lay eggs frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Did some much needed maintenance on the tank last night, just thought I'd share some before and after photos.

I'm keeping it a little long this trim trying to figure out the layout from my head to the actual tank..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1426640467080.jpg
    1426640467080.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 1426640497040.jpg
    1426640497040.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 74
Wow I am a fan. Looks great! Lots of plant matter, but plenty of room for the fish to hang out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks awesome man!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks much better after the trim. Can appreciate the DW now.

It looks way better indeed, the dw looks like a plant when the the moss grows crazy.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow I am a fan. Looks great! Lots of plant matter, but plenty of room for the fish to hang out.

Thanks RadMax! I'm trying to get the right side to grow in more to balance things out. Keeps the fish front and center though.

Thanks Brookster, I'm having a problem bba on my dw, kinda wish I had a back up to throw in there.

Boil it if applicable.. I've found a 3 day battery of h2o2 works well too..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Really don't want to boil it since the moss has a good hold..Hopefully the moss will choke it out.

Really don't want to boil it since the moss has a good hold..Hopefully the moss will choke it out.

Treat the bba with h2o2. That should help. Just don't overdo it on the moss itself.

I just had a good experience with H2O2 on my BBA. Took one good treatment to get the little tufts turning red. Looked really cool for about 2 and a half days. They've started turning gray/white now.

Die, BBA! Die!

H2o2 and I are very familiar with each other. I sprayed a lil on the dw during the wc. I love to see red after a dosing.

Back
Top Bottom